Opus X Beli

jcarlton

Just a Pisser
Now I'm not one to collect cigars. I buy them to smoke them, this being said I am enjoying one of my favorites right now.

When I pulled this little guy out of the cello the peppery goodness was the first thing I noticed. I moistened the head a bit before cutting and was again hit with a wonderful white pepper taste. After clipping I took a pre-light draw and was surprised by the spiciness. It took quite a while for this smoke to toast but I stuck with it and once I got it going it burned true.
For such a small smoke I was impressed by the flavor, smoke and strength. I enjoyed it with about three fingers of Knob Creek and would only have enjoyed it more with maybe four fingers of Bookers.
I am still too much of a newb to completely explain the experience but I will give it a try.
The flavor hit me about mid palate and mainly at the tip of my tongue. While allowing the smoke to flow through my nose as I have read so many here do I expected it to be harsh. It was not at all, I can see why so many do this now though. It brought a whole new dimension to this wonderful cigar.
I have seen many talk about this not being worth the price and I paid about $13.00 for it, I disagree. This was very enjoyable and those moments are few and far between as I get older. But that certainly makes this all the more sweet.
Well I nubbed this till I literally burnt my fingers and I didn’t want to put it out. I know this isn’t the best review but the knob Creek was starting to kick in.

I'm an Opus fan and after reading your review, I might have to have my next one with a Knob Creek...especially on a cold night!

Nice review!

Best cigar out there, i cant wait to dive into my box...

293_9353.jpg

A great review and much appreciated. I haven't seen many Opus X Beli's in my local B&Ms, so I may go online to find one of these. Between Opus, Hemingways, Anejos, and now Ashtons, I feel like a first-rate Fuente whore :hn :D

I have three FFOX Beli's aging away in the humi, I was going to give them a few more months but I may just enjoy one now after that review! Thanks!

Now I'm not one to collect cigars. I buy them to smoke them, this being said I am enjoying one of my favorites right now.

When I pulled this little guy out of the cello the peppery goodness was the first thing I noticed. I moistened the head a bit before cutting and was again hit with a wonderful white pepper taste. After clipping I took a pre-light draw and was surprised by the spiciness. It took quite a while for this smoke to toast but I stuck with it and once I got it going it burned true.
For such a small smoke I was impressed by the flavor, smoke and strength. I enjoyed it with about three fingers of Knob Creek and would only have enjoyed it more with maybe four fingers of Bookers.
I am still too much of a newb to completely explain the experience but I will give it a try.
The flavor hit me about mid palate and mainly at the tip of my tongue. While allowing the smoke to flow through my nose as I have read so many here do I expected it to be harsh. It was not at all, I can see why so many do this now though. It brought a whole new dimension to this wonderful cigar.
I have seen many talk about this not being worth the price and I paid about $13.00 for it, I disagree. This was very enjoyable and those moments are few and far between as I get older. But that certainly makes this all the more sweet.
Well I nubbed this till I literally burnt my fingers and I didn’t want to put it out. I know this isn’t the best review but the knob Creek was starting to kick in.

I see you have found the joys of snorking!

Nice review. keep on smoking, and keep on posting. I enjoyed reading it :D

Nice review Jamie!

Glad you enjoyed it. Heck, I'm glad you found one at your B+M.

My local B+M says they are sending them back because they're not worth the trouble with all the phone calls they get. Anejos as well.

thanks for the review. I have yet to try an opus x but a got a variety of them in the humi. I think I'll go with this one for the first one. :D

Very nice review. I'm glad to see that another gorilla knows to pull the smoke through the nose to get the true taste of a cigar. :w

Back