Opux X prices

Ozone89

ChestBeater
I'm on vaction in Florida, (just got here today) and my mom took me over to a cigar shop not too far away, and was amazed they carried Opus X and Anejo's. Now I never smoked any of these nor have I seen them before. I bought 5 cigars I never tried before

Opus X Fuente Fuente -$12.50 (not sure of size) I smoked this one first..it was smaller then the Robusto I got.

Opus X Fuente Fuente - $13.65 (robusto)

Anejo - ReservaXtraViejo

Camacho Triple Maduro

Rocky Patel Decade

My question is..why are the Opus X so cheap down here in Florida?

Florida has lots of B&Ms. Competition probably has a part in that. Plus, many places that typically carry Opus year-round don't price gouge them as much as the shops in more remote places. Its supply and demand basically. People that don't frequently come across Opus or other rare sticks can somehow justify spending well over MSRP, and the tobacconists pick up on that. Just my :2

I'm on vaction in Florida, (just got here today) and my mom took me over to a cigar shop not too far away, and was amazed they carried Opus X and Anejo's. Now I never smoked any of these nor have I seen them before. I bought 5 cigars I never tried before

Opus X Fuente Fuente -$12.50 (not sure of size) I smoked this one first..it was smaller then the Robusto I got.

Anejo - ReservaXtraViejo

Camacho Triple Maduro

Rocky Patel Decade

When I lived in Florida they were easy to get(Opus). Those prices sound right.

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but could have something to do with Florida's cigar tax rate too.

The manager of the store said.."We used to limit 2 Opus X per person per day" then he was like.."Now you can buy as much as you want"

I think he said the tobacco tax or some tax is 4%.
My jaw dropped and hit the floor, when I saw the prices of these cigars. Anyways, the Opus I tried so far, wasn't bad at all.

Is there any law about transporting cigars on an airplane? I was thinking about taking some home with me next week.

I feel lucky. My B&M has cheaper prices by a few bucks on the Opus X'es you posted.

They are willing to sell a box for under 350 of the fuente fuente :)

no law that I know of about transporting cigars on an airplane. I fly for a living and have never had my cigar brought into question.:ss

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that one of the maine Fuente offices are in Tampa. Florida is the state closest to Cuba and southern Florida has a lot of Cuban influence so we have access to many of the cuban inports like Pepin and Fuente

My dear god, I haven't seen an Opus under 16 bucks here in Iowa!

GET THEM ALL!

Anejo - ReservaXtraViejo

Camacho Triple Maduro

Rocky Patel Decade

Actually I didnt read your initial post but I dont know what part of FL you are in because the Fuente Fuente Robusto was no more than 11 and anything smaller like the XXX was under 10

Anejo - ReservaXtraViejo

Camacho Triple Maduro

Rocky Patel Decade

Opus X MSRP & Info -- also you'll notice that Florida does not appear on this list, because there is no state tobacco tax.

Just depends if the B&M feels like gouging or not. In my area most Opus are fairly priced just because no one is going to pay $28 a stick in this town.

I feel lucky. My B&M has cheaper prices by a few bucks on the Opus X'es you posted.

They are willing to sell a box for under 350 of the fuente fuente

A friend of mine hooked me up with his B&M in Canton Ohio that sold me their last 29 Fuente Fuentes in the box for $330. I was happy to get my hands on them since they sell for nearly $20 a piece here.

EDIT: Bahaha, I didn't even realize it was you when I quoted you :r

For everyone else, sames is said friend.

This store only had 2 boxes of Opus X, and I forget how much Anejo's they had. I forget the price of the Anejo's cause it was the only one that didn't have a price sticker on it. I bought all 5 of those sticks for $60.00.

I am in the Fort Myers area, and until I was told about this place, the only game in town(IMO) was Bonita Smoke shop in Bonita Springs. I do like the cigar shop on Fort Myers beach..but other then that..I don't care for the rest of the smoke shops I've seen in the area.

I brought my briefcase style travel humi on a plane several times packed full of cigars. It was never even questioned. I always brought it in my carry on though because I never trust those TSA guys searching my bags...

Just remember I think they do have restrictions on lighters. I don't think you can bring lighters or even matches on a plane, but they may have revised that rule already.

I brought my briefcase style travel humi on a plane several times packed full of cigars. It was never even questioned. I always brought it in my carry on though because I never trust those TSA guys searching my bags...

Just remember I think they do have restrictions on lighters. I don't think you can bring lighters or even matches on a plane, but they may have revised that rule already.

I have the Colibri tranzpack lighter case, but I have stuff here for when I come down. What I don't have is...a travel humidor. I do have a cigar box and plenty of plastic bags. I was thinking about getting some more on tuesday, for when I leave on wednesday.

Ya know..I always did want the Haliburton...hmm.

Back