Oregon Scientic Products

Perry72

Keystone Son
Seem to be good quality products. I want to get one for my Vinotemp. The products I find on their website are wireless and say that they read "inside humidity". Does this mean that they only read the humidity at the base unit(which I plan to have sitting on top of my cooler), or will they read the humidity from the remote sensors(which is what I plan on having inside the cooler)? I hope this question makes sense. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Perry

Seem to be good quality products. I want to get one for my Vinotemp. The products I find on their website are wireless and say that they read "inside humidity". Does this mean that they only read the humidity at the base unit(which I plan to have sitting on top of my cooler), or will they read the humidity from the remote sensors(which is what I plan on having inside the cooler)? I hope this question makes sense. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Perry

Don't know about the product you are considering for sure, but i have an OSP wireless meat thermometer that works great and the remote sensor sends the info to the base unit. I'm pretty sure yours would work the same way or what's the point in having a remote sensor.

Don't know about the product you are considering for sure, but i have an OSP wireless meat thermometer that works great and the remote sensor sends the info to the base unit. I'm pretty sure yours would work the same way or what's the point in having a remote sensor.

Does that give you Humidity?

I know they make a couple of kinds.
One that measures Inside Temp and Humidity as well as External Temp.
The Other type measures Inside and External Temp and Humidity. That is the one you want.

The one you speak of sounds like it only reads Rh at the base unit.
This model... Oregon Scientific BAR-388HGA does both and I use it. $30-$40

Linky...
http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=Oregon Scientific BAR-388HGA&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Bargain deal here!!!
http://www2.oregonscientific.com/shop/product.asp?cid=30&scid=122&pid=877

Last edited:
I have had this one LINK for about a month in my vino :tu. It reads humidity at the base and at two of the sensors, the third is temp only. Just make sure the sensors read temp and humidity, and that they are compatible with the base unit if not purchased in a package.

I have a Oregon Scientific BAR688HGA base station that I use with 3 remote sensors. All 4 units read Temp & RH. I am very pleased with the devices.

BAR688HGA_3SENSORS_rg.jpg

Apparently they are on sale now> http://www2.oregonscientific.com/shop/product.asp?cid=30&scid=122&pid=877

I think I paid $39 for the base and 1 remote and an additional $20 each for the other 2. So for $59 I would recommend it whole heartedly. :tu

I don't think I'm gonna need the extra sensors, but I just picked up the base unit w/ one sensor for 39.99 w/ free shipping....:tu

Thanks for all the info........:D

I don't think I'm gonna need the extra sensors, but I just picked up the base unit w/ one sensor for 39.99 w/ free shipping....:tu

Thanks for all the info........:D

Famous last words. :)

For an additional $20 you get 2 more sensors… I'm just saying… :ss

Famous last words. :)

For an additional $20 you get 2 more sensors… I'm just saying… :ss

And thats why I just ordered one I don't need :hn

Chas

PS - I have been using a different model for about a year now and it works great :tu

I have a Oregon Scientific BAR688HGA base station that I use with 3 remote sensors. All 4 units read Temp & RH. I am very pleased with the devices.

BAR688HGA_3SENSORS_rg.jpg

Apparently they are on sale now> http://www2.oregonscientific.com/shop/product.asp?cid=30&scid=122&pid=877

I think I paid $39 for the base and 1 remote and an additional $20 each for the other 2. So for $59 I would recommend it whole heartedly. :tu

I use an older version of this in my cabinet and keep a sensor on all three levels. They work great and are very easy to monitor. Highly recommended (even more so at that price). :tu

Back