Orlando or Bust

The Korean

Gorilla
Well, I don't really know anyone here in person, but I still think of you as my friends, so I wanted to tell you all that in about 6 hours the wife, kids and I will be making the 10 hour drive to spend Thanksgiving week in Orlando. My two daughters don't know yet, but we are going to wake them up and tell them we are going on a trip. One stop I am going to make no matter what is the Corona Cigar Company. I plan on bringing back as many goodies as my wife will allow. I think I am more exited about that than Disney. Everyone have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving and I'll see you all in about a week.

Kevin:ss

Well, I don't really know anyone here in person, but I still think of you as my friends, so I wanted to tell you all that in about 6 hours the wife, kids and I will be making the 10 hour drive to spend Thanksgiving week in Orlando. My two daughters don't know yet, but we are going to wake them up and tell them we are going on a trip. One stop I am going to make no matter what is the Corona Cigar Company. I plan on bringing back as many goodies as my wife will allow. I think I am more exited about that than Disney. Everyone have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving and I'll see you all in about a week.

Kevin:ss

Wow! That is awesome. What a treat for the kids. My wife has a conference around Spring Break time in Orlando, so we're planning to tag along for that. I can't wait to hear how everything geauxs! (I can't help it!)

Have a great time. Corona is an amazing place but you might want to leave the credit card at home. I always drop triple digits when i'm in there.

If you need anything while you're in town, let me know.

You might want to check out Sosa (Fuente rolled brand) cigar bar at Downtown Disney too. They have a pretty good selection and celebrities are known to stop in. I may be headed that way in December.

scottie

Well heck, that sounds like one heck of a treat for your kids!
And you, of course.
The guys at Corona really know their stuff just a few tips if I may:
1) Don't listen to their crap about the Graycliffs, while a great cigar, it's not worth 20+ dollars...well maybe the shaggy-foot Grand Cru is, but apart from that...
2) They call their 2nd aisle the "million dollar aisle," and for good reason, you'd be hard pressed to find a cigar for under 10 bucks on that one. Although, this is where all their AVO, Davidoff, and Padrons are.
3) Some of their stock is dry. They have a great humidifier, but for 5500 sqft, it's not strong enough, I highly recommend rehumidifying almost anything you get there unless it's on the 3rd or 4th Aisle.
4) if looking for a new lighter, the Dupont Xtend is NOT the best one they have, even if they tell you it is.
5) The salespeople work on commission, so if someone is trying to sell you a box, just be wary as odds are they are doing so to make a little extra money.

I could go on, but those are the most important ones. Also if you show up on Saturday the CAO Flavorettes will be there, so leave the wife at the hotel :D

Have fun!

E

This sounds great, something the kids will always remember. I hit the Sosa place in Downtown Disney myself and give it my :tu. Have fun

I love disney havent been in years, matter of fact the last time I went you could walk where ever outside and smoke a cigar.. have fun :tu

Well, I hit the Corona Cigar Company yesterday, and came out about $200 lighter, which isn't quite that bad. I don't have my cable for my camera, or I'd post pics. But I now have about 10 Padron 1926 and 1964 to keep tucked away, and a box of La Aroma de Cuba Marquis. The Marquis, has a great wife story, as I walked by, I told my wife, "Those are good, I've had them before", she picked up the box and said "Get them, I want the box, thats a pretty picture on the top". I of course did duty to keep my bride happy during vacation. As advertised, the place is huge with a selection just as big, but maybe a little on the pricey side, wasn't as bad as I thought, but that's just a side effect of being raped all week for lunch at Disney. But, the wife, kids and I are having an awesome time, my two daughters, were a little hesitant the first day, but now, they are getting the hang of it. The looks on both of their faces when they say the Mickey the first time was priceless. I have to admit, Disney brings out the kid in me also.

1) Don't listen to their crap about the Graycliffs, while a great cigar, it's not worth 20+ dollars...well maybe the shaggy-foot Grand Cru is, but apart from that...

Here, here!!

2) They call their 2nd aisle the "million dollar aisle," and for good reason, you'd be hard pressed to find a cigar for under 10 bucks on that one. Although, this is where all their AVO, Davidoff, and Padrons are.
3) Some of their stock is dry. They have a great humidifier, but for 5500 sqft, it's not strong enough, I highly recommend rehumidifying almost anything you get there unless it's on the 3rd or 4th Aisle.

Rockies on aisle three!

4) if looking for a new lighter, the Dupont Xtend is NOT the best one they have, even if they tell you it is.
5) The salespeople work on commission, so if someone is trying to sell you a box, just be wary as odds are they are doing so to make a little extra money.

I could go on, but those are the most important ones. Also if you show up on Saturday the CAO Flavorettes will be there, so leave the wife at the hotel :D

Have fun!

E[/QUOTE]

Just as a second opinion, Downtown Disney is nice if youre looking for a nice presentation cigar to gift, but nothing beats Corona for cigars for yourself unless you are looking for a nice red aluminum case to put on your dashboard...

If you are still in Orlando and interested in some Anejos at good prices, checkout Ol' Times Cigars, I think the closest to the tourist area is the Ocoee Mall.

Yea, I know I'd be hard pressed to find more of a selection than Corona. It more like if I dont' go, I'll be wondering in my head, what I missed.

Very cool man, very cool. What a way to celebrate. Make sure you light up one of those Padron Annis as a pat on the back for yourself! Enjoy your time!

Back