otterbox smell.

[OT] Loki

Chestbeating Pack Leader
Has anyone noticed the foam in the otterbox has a chemical smell to it. Do you worry about it or just load up and forget about it? I'm letting it air out and see what happens

Has anyone noticed the foam in the otterbox has a chemical smell to it. Do you worry about it or just load up and forget about it? I'm letting it air out and see what happens

Mine just smells like smoke, LOL. I wouldn't worry too much about it, especially if you are not storing cigars in there for more than a day or two. Alternatively, you can chuck the foam and just load it up with cigars packaged in those nice 5-cigar plastic baggies. This seems to work best for me.

thats a good idea with the bags. I may use the foam to keep the cigars in place. thanks for the idea.

I tossed the foam in my small one. Did put a couple of the cedar sheets in from cigar boxes. Without the foam I have yet to have any damaged sticks.

I never noticed and now it just smells like tobacco. I can't remember who but there is a guy on this board that sells hard foam inserts for these.

Back