Oust fan

rx2010

Professional Pusher
does anyone know where to buy these? I have looked at Wal-Mart numerous times and they either don't carry the fan or are always out (like a Wii for moms).

I have seen them online but don't really want to pay 8 bucks shipping

any ideas?

"...they either don't carry the fan or are always out (like a Wii for moms)."

ROFLOL @ Wii for Moms!!!!

I have the same problem. I spent about a half hour blowing through the Oust section at the local Fred Meyer's & couldn't find anything that would allow me to use a battery -- they all seemed to be plug-in only. So I ended up walking out of the store with the wrong damned one.

I guess I'll have to go to Target next.

Check out eBay, especially the larger "lots" of Oust Fans. I won an auction for six Oust Fans for $27.55 and paid $9.00 S&H for a total of $35, which was a great buy, at an average of about $5.85 each. I have four in use and two extras.

I got mine @ Big Lots for $4.99, including a D cell battery. They work great for circulating air. Combine that with the little chip that switches it on for 5 minutes and then off for 15, they are little marvels. :D Consider what they where designed for.
They can be made a bit more effective by carefully cutting away the plastic in front of the fan blade, perhaps using a Dremmel with a cutting bit. The only other improvement I would add is a rechargeable battery, do they make D cell rechargeables?

Don't forget... don't install the "stink" module.

Got mine at Shop-Rite supermarket
:tpd:

I like the chip idea...need to try that!

I also cut out the back (as much as possible without destroying the fan mounting points) and it seems to improve the air flow. (Using a car as an example, I've heard that adding an exhaust alone is of limited benefit for increased power unless you also increase the intake on the other side...works with the fan as well).

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
I got mine @ Big Lots for $4.99, including a D cell battery. They work great for circulating air. Combine that with the little chip that switches it on for 5 minutes and then off for 15, they are little marvels. :D Consider what they where designed for.
They can be made a bit more effective by carefully cutting away the plastic in front of the fan blade, perhaps using a Dremmel with a cutting bit. The only other improvement I would add is a rechargeable battery, do they make D cell rechargeables?

Yes, the do make D rechargeables. I have MANY.
Parents would be broke without them!:D

you assume I don't want fresh linen cigars :ss

I actually have a dremel so perhaps I will attemp this modification.

and thanks for the big lots tip, we have one just down the road

The 4 Oust Fans that I have in use look like this. They are much more efficient with the front cover removed. Also the bottom cap should be removed because without the front cover it will not stay in place correctly. I use a rubber band to hold the battery in place. Note: a quality battery will last at least 10 to 12 months.

Last edited:
The 4 Oust Fans that I have in use look like this. They are much more efficient with the front cover removed. Also the bottom cap should be removed because without the front cover it will not stay in place correctly. I use a rubber band to hold the battery in place. Note: a quality battery will last at least 10 to 12 months.

I spy BestBuy batteries!

Back