Overlooked and Underrated Cigars

dantzig

Pseudo Gorilla
Today's JdN Joecigar deal got me thinking about great cigars that I usually completely overlook when choosing something to smoke.

The Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970 line is definitely one of those cigars for me. They're well-constructed, tasty, strong, and relatively cheap. Yet I rarely reach for one. When I do, I'm always stuck by how damn good they are and I find myself wondering why I don't smoke them more frequently. Then the cycle continues . . .

A cigar that I think is underrated is the Oliva G Cameroon line. Again, they're delicious, usually well-constructed, and quite affordable. I'd put them up against any other Cameroon out there but I don't see much, if any, hype for them anywhere.

What cigars do you overlook and/or think are underrated by others?

I think the whole NC Partagas line is overlooked/under rated. The black labels are especially good.

Smoking a Don Lino Africa right now, not talked about that much but a line I enjoy quite a bit.

Good discussion of this topic found in this thread by PDS getting input for an article on Top25Cigar.com.

Idk how overlooked they are, but I would say Onyx Reserves. I never really here anything about them, but they're one of my favorites.

5Vegas classic. I hear a lot about series A or Gold but not much about the classic. Not a bad smoke for the price.

You know threads like this piss me off. I had gone the whole day without opening the email account I get the emails from CI in.
Then I read this thread say "O SH-ET!" and race to my email account only to find myself clicking the buttons and now sitting at the confirm order window.
WHY AM I SO DAMN WEAK!
I love me some JDN and love/hate that CI always has the deals on them. I end up giving so many of these away because of the deals.

Today's JdN Joecigar deal got me thinking about great cigars that I usually completely overlook when choosing something to smoke.

The Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970 line is definitely one of those cigars for me. They're well-constructed, tasty, strong, and relatively cheap. Yet I rarely reach for one. When I do, I'm always stuck by how damn good they are and I find myself wondering why I don't smoke them more frequently. Then the cycle continues . . .

A cigar that I think is underrated is the Oliva G Cameroon line. Again, they're delicious, usually well-constructed, and quite affordable. I'd put them up against any other Cameroon out there but I don't see much, if any, hype for them anywhere.

What cigars do you overlook and/or think are underrated by others?

I could not agree w/ you more on the JdN Antanos. These are by far the best "overlooked" cigar out there. With a few months on them to take away the rough edges they are as enjoyable as any VSG I've ever had - and for less tha half the price. Strong as heck (if you like that), but more importantly, they taste great (esp the churchills). Did I mention I like them?...:ss

Maybe not overlooked for cs'ers but the Taboo Twist is a great smoke that not many people know about. Just smoked one today and I love it. It really reminds me of the RyJ Reserva Real line which are still some of my favorite smokes (reserval real, 1875, vintages all great consistent go to smokes). I know its been said numerous times before but its a great smooth medium body smoke with tons of flavorful smoke. I think its a great cigar and would recommend it to anyone, vets and rookies alike.

+1 for the La Vieja Habana. Inexpensive but tasty, and they make great everyday smokes for budget smokers or yard gars.

Completely agree with you there. I just smoked one today and it was delicious. Also had a JDN a few days ago. Not too complex, but what a kick! Can be very enjoyable at times. Kind of flies below most peoples radar which can be nice for the great deals on them.
I feel like I know way more overrated sticks than underrated though.

They have gotten more attention as of late, but the Padron londres maduro is a great smoke. Not so nice to look at, but solid construction, great taste
, and a more than reasonable price. Always a winner for me.

Back