PA

guinsdan

g u i n s d a n
Well, another day, another bill to raise cigar taxes in PA. I was visiting the B&M today and the owner stated a new bill (1476) will be introduced soon to raise cigar tax 59.2%. If you didn't know, right now we have no cigar sales tax. There is already a bill for an initial 3.6% cigar tax in progress.

Interesting to see how this turns out. This has been tried a few times before over the last several years but the bills were shot down by good politicians...that are now gone.

Now the big cigar vendors should have some pull (CI, Famous, Holt's, etc.) but this may get nasty. If it happens, all of the above vendors and some great B&M's will be a causality of tax. On a good note, I will take out a small loan and get ready for the pandemic. Maybe call it another 60 percent later...

59%............are they trying to kill all shops in PA? what the feck is wrong with people

ok I need a list of politicians....

It's a ruse mostly. They're going to list the initial tax option at something obscenely high, and use it as bargaining position to get something more reasonable that they want, maybe 10-15% or so.

Well, another day, another bill to raise cigar taxes in PA. I was visiting the B&M today and the owner stated a new bill (1476) will be introduced soon to raise cigar tax 59.2%. If you didn't know, right now we have no cigar sales tax. There is already a bill for an initial 3.6% cigar tax in progress.

Interesting to see how this turns out. This has been tried a few times before over the last several years but the bills were shot down by good politicians...that are now gone.

Now the big cigar vendors should have some pull (CI, Famous, Holt's, etc.) but this may get nasty. If it happens, all of the above vendors and some great B&M's will be a causality of tax. On a good note, I will take out a small loan and get ready for the pandemic. Maybe call it another 60 percent later...

It seems to me that 0% x 59% increase still equals 0%.

I really hope you don't mean 59% tax above MSRP.

That might put the big 2 internet dealers out of business.

if it is like canada then they will only have to charge the tax on in state sales. if they ship out of state there will be no taxes charged still. maybe the canadian politicians took over pa?
:r

if it is like canada then they will only have to charge the tax on in state sales. if they ship out of state there will be no taxes charged still. maybe the canadian politicians took over pa?
:r

that's it.... you made me do it:
Sheila: Times have changed
Our kids are getting worse
They won't obey their parents
They just want to fart and curse!
Sharon: Should we blame the government?
Liane: Or blame society?
Dads: Or should we blame the images on TV?
Sheila: No, blame Canada
Everyone: Blame Canada
Sheila: With all their beady little eyes
And flapping heads so full of lies
Blame Canada
Sheila: We need to form a full assault
Everyone: It's Canada's fault!
Sharon: Don't blame me
For my son Stan
He saw the damn cartoon
And now he's off to join the Klan!
Liane: And my boy Eric once
Had my picture on his shelf
But now when I see him he tells me to **** myself!
Sheila: Well, blame Canada
Sheila: It seems that everything's gone wrong
Since Canada came along
Blame Canada
Copy Guy: They're not even a real country anyway
Ms. McCormick: My son could've been a doctor or a lawyer rich and true,
Instead he burned up like a piggy on the barbecue
Everyone: Should we blame the matches?
Should we blame the fire?
Or the doctors who allowed him to expire?
Sheila: heck no!
Blame Canada
Sheila: With all their hockey hullabaloo
Liane: And that bitch Anne Murray too
Shame on Canada
For...
The smut we must stop
The trash we must bash
The Laughter and fun
Must all be undone
We must blame them and cause a fuss
Before someone thinks of blaming uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus!!!!

Back