Padilla Hybrid Robusto

VirtualSmitty

Fear the walrus
I had one a couple of these very cheaply on satanbid back in november, and to be honest didn't think much of 'em then. Very harsh. But time does this cigar a world of good.

Firstly the construction is nice. Very well rolled, no soft spots, and a nicely done three seem cap. Draw was good, used a punch had no issues. I found these to start off very peppery with a strong sharp cedar flavor. After and inch or so it mellowed out a bit. Still peppery, but with a less pronounced cedary bite. It burned perfect the whole way through, solid ash and all. By the time it was finished I was left with quite a buzz. These are strong, fullbodied sticks for sure.

Overall i'd say it was a good, powerful stick. Just as long as you let them sit for awile. And considering how cheaply than can be had I might pick up a few more.

Last edited:
These turn into real buttspankers with age. I keep buying fivers & layin' em down for a few months.

I underestimated this cigar. Just had one and yes, it is quite strong but very flavorful. It started off a little harsh like Joe said, but it mellowed out with a very nice flavor and a woody finish. Towards the end I swear I tasted something like Chestnuts. Overall it was a good smoke and I wouldn't mind have a few more of them in my humidor. I forgot how much I paid but it couldn't have been over $5.

VirtualSmitty said:
I had one a couple of these very cheaply on satanbid back in november, and to be honest didn't think much of 'em then. Very harsh. But time does this cigar a world of good.

Firstly the construction is nice. Very well rolled, no soft spots, and a nicely done three seem cap. Draw was good, used a punch had no issues. I found these to start off very peppery with a strong sharp cedar flavor. After and inch or so it mellowed out a bit. Still peppery, but with a less pronounced cedary bite. It burned perfect the whole way through, solid ash and all. By the time it was finished I was left with quite a buzz. These are strong, fullbodied sticks for sure.

Overall i'd say it was a good, powerful stick. Just as long as you let them sit for awile. And considering how cheaply than can be had I might pick up a few more.

Thank you for your review. Glad to hear you enjoyed the Padilla Hybrid. Its a complex smoke Ecuadorian Hybrid wrapper with Nicaraguan, Dominican and Peruvian fillers.

Visit our website for more info www.padillacigars.com

Regards,
Ernesto Padilla
Padilla cigars

Back