Padilla Miami 8 & 11 Robusto

gvarsity

mr. mom
Sorry there are no pictures.

This has become one of my favorite cigars. I have only had a couple of them but I have really enjoyed the ones I have had.

Had this in my humidor at least six months. Bought it as part of a padilla sampler from C-bid.

Pre-Light: Looked great smelled rich. Very nice wrapper with some toothiness. Just starting to develop some bloom.

Used a punch to cut it and lit it with a sulpherless cigar match. Lit quickly and evenly.

First tastes were smooth, balanced and nutty. DPG is known for making pepper/spice bombs that are very strong. I don't feel this cigar fits this profile. I didn't find it particularly spicy and the spice wasn't pepper it was more Mediterranean spicy like nutmeg, cinnamon and clove. Not that these specific flavors were there but a similar flavor profile.

I won't bother going third by third. This cigar held it's flavor pretty consistently from beginning to end. The flavor got stronger and fuller as it progressed it never really got bitter or soured on me. I smoked it until there was about one inch left and I let it go out. I was smoking outside on the back porch and there was some wind which probably affected the burn. It started out razor straight for the first 3/4 of an inch but then was inconsistent and in need of touchups pretty regularly for the rest of the smoke. At the beginning the draw was quite good but then in the last third tightened up so repunched a little bigger hole and it seemed to correct the problem. The smoke was rich and plentiful.

I can't quite describe the flavor but it was rich and flavorful and I enjoyed it immensely. I really hope the change of factory from DPG making for Padillia to Padilla making them for himself doesn't change them because this is a fantastic cigar.

I'm no cuban cigar expert and I wouldn't say it tasted cuban but it had some cubanesque qualities or similarities. I'd say it is one of my personal top five smokes right now.

I'm no cuban cigar expert and I wouldn't say it tasted cuban but it had some cubanesque qualities or similarities. I'd say it is one of my personal top five smokes right now.

I'm no CC expert either but I've thought to myself that the Padilla '68 tastes like a Partagas at times and some have agreed with me.

Nice review.

I have some 68's from the same sampler that I need to try. Although I have not yet had any Partagas to compare to. I have a psd4 that was gifted to me in my humi that I have been saving. I should do a comparison. I wonder if anyone has tried one of the new Padilla manufactured Miami 8 & 11s.

I consider the 8/11's one of the best NC offerings on the planet- The 8/11 lancero is a stellar smoke and possibly my favorit NC.

Good review. This is one of my favorites. Don't worry about the pictures. We have many that are anal about it, but the pictures don't tell the story.

I consider the 8/11's one of the best NC offerings on the planet- The 8/11 lancero is a stellar smoke and possibly my favorit NC.

I found one Lancero in my humidor. I've enjoyed the robustos, but I've been on a lancero kick lately, and I'll have to give this one a try.

Yeah I need to find a lancero of these to try. Ji gifted me a number of wonderful lanceros which really got me into enjoying this size vitola. Due to life induced time constraints I haven't felt I have had the time to really enjoy a longer cigar recently. I have been smoking a lot of robustos and even shorter cigars recently.

Nice review.

I love this cigar, but wish the price was a bit less.

Does anyone know when Padilla's manufactured by Padilla will be hitting the shelves?

Back