Padilla Miami 8/11 Torpedo

gvarsity

mr. mom
Picked up a single of c-bid when I was buying a bunch of other stuff. I am really glad I did. Things have been getting pretty hectic here lately and last night I really needed to unwind. So I pulled this Padilla Miami 8/11 Torpedo out of the humi to see what all the fuss was about.

It was a beautiful stick and was perfectly constructed. Clipped it with a scissors and fired it up. Was walking around outside so I did get a little bit of an uneven burn but other than a couple of superficial touchups it burned quite well. I would say this was medium strength and medium to full flavor. Really nice flavors.

This cigar never burned hot until it burned the toothpick I was using to get the last mm of goodness from this smoke. I can't give you specific flavors on this and I wish I would have been in a position to really sit and focus on the flavors. It was quite nuanced and evolved over the length of the cigar with in a range of flavors. If I had to guess at some flavor notes I would say hazelnuts and hint of honey but it was not sweet per say. Also maybe some cinnamon and nutmeg. Voluminous somewhat creamy smoke.

This was one of those rare sticks (for me) that the after taste was a pleasure. Even this mornings cigar breath after the thorough brushing last night etc... was still a pleasant rather than french kissed a stinky flavor.

Kind of a pschitzo review I realize. In short I now appreciate the hype. This cigar really stood out for me. I won't be budgeting for a full box any time soon (they exceed my budget) but I will pick one up whenever I have the means & opportunity.

Toothpicked it? :D It's a good smoke and I'd recommend you try the coronas as well. The flavors seems to come out more for me on those.

Yeah I know pretty ghetto but I was enjoying it. :D I don't think I have done that before. The crazy thing is at .5 inch it was still kicking out flavor and smoke. It only got hot because of proximity. Crazy good.

Back