Padilla Obsidian Especial 2006

houdini

aNYthing
Ok Gorillas...Its beautiful out in NYC today, so I decided to take an extra long walk with the dog and a Padilla Obsidian Belicoso. Its the first time I had one so I was excited.

Heres my relatively "newbie" review:

Its sized at 6" x 54...a nice beefy smoke that Im realizing is a quality I like in a cigar. The wrapper is dark and kind of reminds me of the CAO Brazilia in appearance. The beautiful label says its a limited edition (2006) but they are readily available at CI/ CBid.

I lit it with my torch lighter and it initially was a really harsh smoke. I wasnt liking it at all for the first couple drags....but there is a God and it had a turning point! It burned well and got smoother. I didnt get much as far as flavor went....Maybe a little "nutty" but thats about it. The smoke I was throwing out wasnt as full as the "East Coast" Tatuaje I had last night...and I really enjoy a thick white smoke in a cigar. Im assuming thats where the beefy RG comes in to play.

210.jpg

I got a little past this point when a friend of mine walked by with her dog and I figured taking pictures of a cigar I was smoking wouldnt be the coolest thing to do, so thats it on the pics! Im sure you guys understand. :D Heres Katrina and her dog Rufus.

rufus.jpg

So we walked, the dogs played, and I continued to smoke. I was hoping I would get hit with the creaminess and tastiness of the Oliva V I recently crowned as my favorite smoke, but it didnt happen. It did burn even and I assumed that it would considering it looked well constructed and it was a Padilla.

All in all, it was a decent smoke but nothing to go crazy over. It definately wasnt a Padilla Miami 8/11 and maybe thats what I was expecting...Either way, the dogs had a blast and it was good enough to have during a long walk and good conversation.

Last edited:
Nice review. I get weird looks when i take pictures of my cigars too. people think im crazy. se la vi...can't spell those foreign words.

I almost lit one of those up last night, ended up setting it back down in favor of an RP OWR. I'm generally a fan of all things Padilla (not quite the Hybrid) so I've been looking forward to this one. Thanks for the review!

Back