Padron 1926 no 35

zamco17

Evolving Lead Gorilla
I picked this little baby up at a new b&m for 10 bucks a few weeks ago and it was the last one in the box. I knew this little sucker was meant for me. Light it up today and son of a #$$%^ it was good. Had some Jameson on the rocks to go with it and i couldnt even taste it for the first half of this smoke. About half way through i got a refill and could finally taste my jameson as this little guy mellowed out. Well i finished my second glass before this little baby was done and I cant wait to do another if I can find any anywhere. Happy Easter guys and smoke one of these little short stacks if you can, Peace and Happy Easter.

Thanks for the review, Padrons are known for that power. So many sticks so little time (and money). I'll definitely try if I ever see one based on this review.

Padron 26's and 64's are the only NC's that can consistently match or exceed the flavor cubans. What a great cigar!

Named the '35 because it only takes about 35 minutes to smoke it. It was named that by one of the employees who spent around 35 minutes getting to work everyday at Padron. So in Miami 35 minutes means he lives about 3 miles away from Padron! :confused:

ATL

They should've named it the 45. Man, those Padron employees smoke fast!

But at any rate, it is a fine, fine little smoke.

I picked up one maduro and one natural becasue of all the good things I've heard and I liked the 64. I like the short smokes like the short story so these should be good.

ATLHARP said:
Padron 26's and 64's are the only NC's that can consistently match or exceed the flavor cubans. What a great cigar!

Named the '35 because it only takes about 35 minutes to smoke it. It was named that by one of the employees who spent around 35 minutes getting to work everyday at Padron. So in Miami 35 minutes means he lives about 3 miles away from Padron! :confused:

ATL

I never knew that but it does make sense.

I smoked one that Klugs sent for the "Face Off 2" contest. I gotta say of all the Padron Series 1926 I have smoked this was my least favorite. I am not going to judge the cigar based upon just one though. The construction quality and draw were flawless, smoked the whole damned thing without dropping ash, however the flavor was just not up to par for other 26's I have had. I am hoping it was just due to youth, as this would be worth it to me to buy a box if the flavor improves..

-Matt-

Well, I was going to start a new review thread, but I'll just piggyback off this one...

I had a rather chitty Friday, some plans went to :BS , and I was in rather unpleasant mood for the better part of the day. I had visited a local B&M on Thursday,and they had gotten a box of PAM 35s in. I talked myself out of buying them on Thursday, but Friday was another day. I now have no regrets in buying the box.

Just got done with the first out of the box, and it falls into the "Hypnotically amazing" stick category. Probably second only to the Tat J21 I can't get out of my head. It was one of those sticks you just stare at while you burn it. Amazing tastes of cocoa and dark chocolate, Padron does Maruro right. My glass of Port was a fine compliment to the cigar. I find Port works well with Maduro for me, but I enjoy Port with several different cigars, it seems to pair well with that chocolate maddie flavor

I would agree with Matt that the PAN, although I did enjoy, doesn't live up to the PAM. This may be a bias opinion though, due to the fact I'll take a Maduro over a Nat just about every time.

I guess this doesn't read so much like a review, but I don't do reviews very well anyhow :D ....All I can say is give these a try if you haven't, and if you are sitting on one for whatever reason, give it a go this weekend. The poor little fella sitting in my ashtray, will be seeing some of his 23 other brothers very soon. Just an amazing cigar!!

I agree it is a great smoke. I also like the 1926 #35 (nat). Currently smoking a Padron 2000 (nat) it's dark but the box says (nat) also great cigar for the price.

:tpd: 10-4 on the great reviews guys I could'nt agree more. I picked up a box when Jorge was doing a in-store. nice guy BTW. One of the best sticks i'll ever smoke...Dave

drevim said:
Well, I was going to start a new review thread, but I'll just piggyback off this one...

I had a rather chitty Friday, some plans went to :BS , and I was in rather unpleasant mood for the better part of the day. I had visited a local B&M on Thursday,and they had gotten a box of PAM 35s in. I talked myself out of buying them on Thursday, but Friday was another day. I now have no regrets in buying the box.

Just got done with the first out of the box, and it falls into the "Hypnotically amazing" stick category. Probably second only to the Tat J21 I can't get out of my head. It was one of those sticks you just stare at while you burn it. Amazing tastes of cocoa and dark chocolate, Padron does Maruro right. My glass of Port was a fine compliment to the cigar. I find Port works well with Maduro for me, but I enjoy Port with several different cigars, it seems to pair well with that chocolate maddie flavor

I would agree with Matt that the PAN, although I did enjoy, doesn't live up to the PAM. This may be a bias opinion though, due to the fact I'll take a Maduro over a Nat just about every time.

I guess this doesn't read so much like a review, but I don't do reviews very well anyhow :D ....All I can say is give these a try if you haven't, and if you are sitting on one for whatever reason, give it a go this weekend. The poor little fella sitting in my ashtray, will be seeing some of his 23 other brothers very soon. Just an amazing cigar!!

I hope I wasn't the reason for the :BS Friday....
I had a feeling when you told me about the box of PAM's they had, you would go back and get 'em (I know you too well). I never got a chance to get there on friday myself, or they may not have had a whole box :D
I liked the PAN 35 in the Klugs face off a lot, but I too like maduro better.
Thanks for the review.

Hate to bring up an old thread, but I didn't really want to start a new one since this is already here. Had my first 1926 at lunch today. The #35 maduro. I've been wanting to try one ever since I saw them at my B&M a month or two ago. I had asked the owner for a recommendation and he pulled a couple boxes of these out of the cabinet marked "Rare Cigars. See Employee For Assistance." They looked great, but I wasn't quite ready to spend 10+ dollars on a cigar that I'd have to rush through at lunch. I put it off as long as I could, but today I decided I would just take a long lunch and give this guy a try.

Boy was it worth it! I lit it up and right off the bat, "Bam!".... my mouth was caught off-guard by the intense flavor. There were so many distinct flavors... it was unlike anything I've smoked before. Chocolate, leather, raisins, and a peppery spice. Actually, I would go so far as to say it almost had too much flavor in the beginning. It was almost harsh. But after about 3/4 of an inch, the pepper and spice fell off a bit and it mellowed into hecka goodness (you can quote me on that :) ). The flavors were present through the whole cigar, with the spice picking back up near the end, but not as harsh as the beggining. I smoked it until I couldn't hold onto it anymore :) Also, this thing gives a nice buzz to be so small. I'll definately smoke these again.

Edit: How fitting... my first review for my 100th post :)

Back