Padron 1926 No.6 Maduro

ShaulWolf

Gorilla
Padron 1926 No. 6 Maduro

4.75 x 50
Rothschild

It's been a fairly good summer. I don't have any real special reason other than that to light up a premium smoke. Honestly, what other reason do you need? Last few days working before taking time off to get things in order for the school year, saved up a decent amount, got some nice horses in (some real sweethearts too), and a girl who's NOT certifiable. XP So I pulled this nice little stick out to enjoy while listening to the rain or watching various BMW clips on my Blackberry.

The wrapper is your typical Padron maduro wrapper. It's dark, lightly veined, slightly oily, toothy, rough and rugged. It's not a Montecristo with a silky smooth wrapper, but I like how it's rugged. It feels less delicate, like something I can hold and enjoy without worrying about tears. It had an earthy scent to it that was very nice.

Padrons all seem to have something in common. They'll taste like coffee and cocoa and will be either medium-full or full bodied. This was no exception. The flavors I got were strongly of coffee and cocoa. It was a little sweet sometimes, bittersweet, and the finish was varying between cocoa and slightly woodsy. There was plenty of smoke and a very nice draw that let you feel each puff without becoming hard.

Something else that's common with Padrons: they're all very consistent in quality and taste. The full bodied coffee and cocoa flavors stayed throughout the cigar from start to finish. Neither one outdid the other, and they were both very balanced. Some call it dull, others really love it. I'm one of the latter.

The final third had a slight change in flavor. The coffee flavor came to the fore, and the bittersweet cocoa was more in the finish. Other than that it was the same classic Padron flavors.

The cigar was very nice, and I didn't want to let it go but my fingers were getting toasted. The Padron flavor is a consistent unique one that I enjoy, and the 1926 was smoother than the 'regular' line and the 1964 series. There was plenty of smoke that was flavorful and robust, and if the other lines are an indicator the next 1926 will be much the same. The construction was top notch with a sturdy wrapper around very well rolled tobacco. The burn was almost razor strait, and the cigar lasted me just under an hour.

Now for whether or not I'd buy more to stock up... not too many. They're expensive usually, and I don't have the money give out for cigars like that. I would get a couple more and save them for when the mood really strikes, but I could probably get 3 '64 Annis for the price of 2 '26s. But that argument is for a whole other thread, and there's probably a few of them around.

It's Padron. It's a good quality consistent cigar. If you have the money it's worth getting a few. If not, the 1964 series is just as good.

I've had and really enjoyed the '64. I'm waiting to get my hands on this one, only problem is if I finally do get one, do I smoke it right away or let it sit for a while.

Thanks for the good review.

Love that cigar. The top '26 IMO.
Only thing is, I have to be doing something while smoking. The cigar tastes great but it is boring b\c it SO consistent.

Great review! :tu The few 26 that I've had were fantastic. Almost a deeper, darker concentrated Padron flavor...FANTASTIC!!!

Great review, thanks. Have you tried a 35 yet? They're fabulous too, and well priced.

Nice review!
Smoking this cigar right now and lovin it.
Padrons are the best in my humble opinion. No cigar is more consistent

Back