Padron 1964 Anniversary Exclusivo Natural

Todd W

Pepin Hoe
My 5'er of Padron 1964 Anniversary Exclusivos arrived today, and I made a conscious decision to sit down, take some notes and write my first CS review. Here it is:

The first thing I noticed about the "64" was the stout construction. I thumped it against my index finger, and it reminded me of a Lincoln Log! I love the feel, and look of a good box press -- and this cigar has got to be one of the front-runners in that department.

I made a quick, clean cut with the Palio (whew!) and knew that I'd be happy with the draw of this cigar from my first pre-light puff. The tastes of coffee and earth were present before I even lit, and I knew that the cigar was going to be a burner and I'd have to watch my speed.

At first, the 64 was soooooo smooth -- almost like nothing was there. I was tempted to inhale by the 3rd puff, and as I drew some of the smoke up through my nose, I could begin to taste hints of coffee, or what I thought was a creamy, wood flavor. The burn was very even, and I knew I wasn't going to have to do any sort of re-lighting or fixing -- which is something I sometimes struggle with as a newbie.

After about 10 minutes, I felt I was having a Tony Soprano moment in the desert, as I said to myself, "I GET IT!!" For some odd reason, my mind began to wander, and I found myself thinking about the first time I ever smoked a premium cigar with my dad. This was a Montecristo #?? at the Luxor on the night of my first wedding. The cigar lasted about as long as the marriage. I digress.

The ash was very white, and it looked like one solid layer at the top of the 64. Again, creamy! After my first ash, I had to slow it down, I could feel the cigar getting hotter and hotter, and with that, the spiciness was increasing. The 64 is a smooth operator, for sure, and the added spice and flavoring on my lips made me realize just how good a Padron can be.

Just as I predicted, the 64 drew good smoke the entire time, and I appreciated the subtle build-up of strength while the cigar still managed to hold on to its complexity.

After my 3rd and final ash, the 64 lost some of its box-pressed attributes and resembled a more familiar Padron X000. It stayed spicy until the end, and left a great, sweet and spicy taste on my lips. I worked it down to the nub, as usual and then reitred it.

All in all, this was a great smoke -- one of the best I've ever had. I won't humor you with my ratings, as it's easy to see how a cigar like this could consistently rate around a 92.

great review. I had a maduro 64 last night (42 x 6.5) and it was very similar to yours except less spice. I got some normal x000 flavors in the middle of the smoke and then mine finished wonderfully.

i am not sure how to nose smoke, but inhaled a little while blowing smoke from my mouth and you really pick up another deminsion of flavor and smell.

Nice review, Padron 64's are probably my favorite NC, too bad I can't get them more often. I saw some at a B&M in Toronto and they were selling for $70 a piece...

Great review! Thanks. I had my first '64 this weekend and all I can say is I agree and I want more.:chk

I'm still sitting on a 64 nat and a 64 mad. Got 'em from Taboo with the 33% coupon. Should have got more.

nice review. thank you ! i can't wait to smoke this cigar. im waiting for the perfect occasion, but what better day then tomorrow right? :tu

They are tough to beat, for sure! I thought I'd attempt a no-brainer for my first review. I'm glad you enjoyed my take on this classy cigar.:tu

Great review! Im still smoking on a box of the lil principe maduros.... I really enjoy anything Padron.

Nice review, Padron 64's are probably my favorite NC, too bad I can't get them more often. I saw some at a B&M in Toronto and they were selling for $70 a piece...

WOW, that's expensive. I thought that only the CC prices in Canada ranged that high. The problem with the B&M's around here is they don't have much high-end like these Padrons. If you do find them, they are probably $20 or higher. I paid too much for these on cbid, because I wanted to try them. Now, I'm glad I did, and I only hope I can hang on to the others for a while!

Good review on a fantastic cigar! If you think they are good now, wait a few weeks for the next one. It will be even better. It will have had time to cool down from the travel and high humdity conditions that cbid ships them in. :ss

Nice review on a Great Cigar! I made a box of the Exclusivo maduro my 1st Box Purchase of the yr. One of the few cigars that rival Cubans IMHO. Enjoy the Rest of em! I'm sure they won't be around for long.:ss

Nice review.
Pushed me over the edge to order a fiver of 1964's from HOLTS.

Also had them add some San Cristobals , some Padrons and some Tatueje's.

FN in MT

Back