raralith

Young Ape
Number 7 - Padron 3000
Purchased from local B&M, roughly $6
padron30001px5.jpg

Appearance and Presentation of Cigar: Excellent
Wrapper color and Packaging: Maduro color, Excellent packaging
Lighting and Burning Properties: Excellent toast, Medium burn
Even initial light, even burn, burn fast or slow: Even initial light, very slightly even burn, medium burn
Draw: Very light, almost too easy to draw
Taste: Excellent

I wanted to introduce my good friend Johnny Walker to my new found acquaintance Padron 3000. It was a hard but good week for me, and after 2 back to back bad smokes, it was time to see if there was redemption somewhere in this crazy world.

padron30002qq7.jpg

First Third
The initial draw felt quite harsh but it finished quite creamy; something very unexpected. As I was working my way through, I did feel my throat beginning to scratch and after my last review, I became quite hesitant. As I got down though, it stayed very smooth indeed. A little note, I have not tried many cigars, but of the Maduro’s I have tried, I didn’t like, and of the full body flavored cigars I’ve tried, I did not enjoy either. It was a fairly full body flavor, but it had a smooth creaminess that I thoroughly enjoyed. As I was near the first third, a subtle leathery and cedar flavor crept into my pallet.

padron30003tl4.jpg

Second Third
The full body disappeared at this point and it became more of my usually liking, no where near mild, but no where near full body; just right as Goldie Locks would say. As I went further, a good butter taste enthralled my sense as I took my draws. The faint leather I sensed in the first third all but disappeared into a nutty taste. The nicotine started to really get strong though and I was beginning to get light headed.

padron30004mj2.jpg

Last Third and Finish
It started out with the second third, but after a few draws, the full body returned with a vengeance. I tasted a good bit of leather, but also a tang of a good lemonade. As I approached my final draw, all the previous taste disappeared, and I felt mint in my mouth.

Final Thoughts
I greatly enjoyed this cigar. As I said earlier, I am not a fan of full body cigars, but this definitely was a good cigar. The draw was a bit too easy, but this was such a minor and miniscule flaw (since I prefer something with a medium draw) that it was the only thing I could say was wrong with it. A nice rich and complex cigar indeed, and I certainly will be purchasing more of these.

Nice review :tu

I also recently tried my first Padron. I got that "so what?" feeling at the first few puffs. After that the flavor picks up and I enjoyed it all the way to the end! Got a few more Padrons sitting in my humi for some upcoming smoking time.

Nice review :tu

I also recently tried my first Padron. I got that "so what?" feeling at the first few puffs. After that the flavor picks up and I enjoyed it all the way to the end! Got a few more Padrons sitting in my humi for some upcoming smoking time.

Good to hear, yeah beginning was OK but the flavor definately got better as it got down.

A bit of followup information. I felt quite sick after 10 minutes, and I tried to lay down to settle myself. My stomache started to roil, and I felt the need to vommit. I assume this is the nicotine though as I felt quite a bit. I took a hot shower, drank some water, and layed down for a bit and I feel better.

raralith;1925179 I felt quite sick after 10 minutes said:
Thanks for the review on the Padron 3000 maddy R. The next time you start to feel the 'nic buzz' a kicking in: Place a teaspoon of sugar on the back of your tongue and let it dissolve, and then wash it down with 8oz of water:tu:ss

Thanks for the review on the Padron 3000 maddy R. The next time you start to feel the 'nic buzz' a kicking in: Place a teaspoon of sugar on the back of your tongue and let it dissolve, and then wash it down with 8oz of water:tu:ss

Thanks for the tip, I will definately try that.

Padron Maduros are my favorite smokes. Almost everything else I smoke I buy in 5pks or bundles, but I've bought multiple boxes of 3000's and 4000's. I've got a couple in the cooler right now, one box of 4000's completely ful, been sitting there since last Feb.

I have a box of 3000Ms that has been resting in my humi since June '06. I had one several weeks ago and really enjoyed it. It had a really solid burn.

Padron 2000/3000's have been on my favorite list for a long time. I agree with you about the easy draw, but I also like my smokes a little on the moist side so this allows for expansion of the tobbacco and still able to smoke without huffing and puffing to get some smoke. Even when they aren't overhumidified they're a great smoke. Can't say I became nausiated from them though. Try a snack containing a simple starch for the beginning of the smoke with a bit of protiens added for the end of the smoke- a couple handfuls of trail mix before lighting up should help with that queezy feeling. It has to do with nicotine levels affecting insulin and blood glucose levels, but that's another thread. Maybe Mr Walker added to the problem???

well it's good that people seem to like the padron 3ks since i'm going to buy a few singles soon, nice!

Back