Padron 4000...

rkt

SilverBack
Before going out to dinner I rummaged around in my humi and found
a lone Padron 4000 Mad. I think it has been in the humi for about a year. After a great dinner we moved to the bar and fired up the 4000.

It lighted very quickly, burned a perfect ring of ash and it did not have to be touched up once the entire smoke. The draw was easy and it gave off plumes of thick smoke. It was a good solid tobacco taste with a hint of spice coming through. I like that. No real buzz factor but this was a "light-it-and-forget-it" cigar. Great for talking with friends with out fiddling with relights and burn issues.
The taste was even all the way down until my fingers were getting hot.
I didn't realize how much I had enjoyed this cigar until it was time to put it down. It had good flavor, construction, burn, aroma.

I have a few 3000's left. When I smoke some more room in my humi's I may have to invest in some of these.

i used to keep a few boxes of the 3k and 4k mads, but i've gone almost exclusively isom... i do have a box of 3k left and i'll probably replace it when i'm done. like you said, they're good if you're doing something else and you don't want to think too much about
your cigar. one thing i noticed is that these don't seem to change much, if any, with age- although i like to let them sit for awhile and get hard.

//////\\\\\\//////\\\\\\
I am not St Alfonzo-
\\\\\\//////\\\\\\//////

I agree I don't think they improve much with age but they don't seem to lose anything either. Not that I have let them set too long. This 4000 was gifted and I kinda forgot I had it. I have been trying
to get to some of the singles in the humi and not just picking the
go-to smokes. On the other hand I have some old favorites that are not my favorites anymore and been trying to get them out of the humi to make some space.

Back