Padron 40th Anniv

mtb996

Gorilla
Well, I finally smoked the Padron 40th my wife bought me exactly one year ago on my birthday. It was number 474088 (isn't that pretty cool that they are serialized) and it was fantastic.

I had one of these a few months ago, back to back with an OpusX and found the Padron to be somewhat dry and harsh in comparison. That one was from a restruant, so I do not know how old it was.

Well, last night I fired up the 1 yr old with a nice full glass of 16yr Lagavulin. The construction of these are about as nice as any cigar I have ever seen. Perfect box press, tight, dark, flawless wrapper.

The cigar started out a little dry, but full of nice flavor and without any of the typical beginning harshness I was expecting. It had a perfect draw and perfect burn, requiring no touchup or attention during it's 1.5 hour life. Throughout it's well appreciated lifespan, it maintained a smooth, cocoa and nutty flavor profile that had a slight dryness to the aftertaste. The flavor/strength increased slightly throughtout its life, but was never harsh or overbearing. It was not nearly the powerhouse an OpusX is, but was equally enjoyable in its subtlty. I can say that the cigar was an excellent match for the scotch and made for one heck of an enjoyable end to my birthday evening with the wife and kids.:tu

Now I need to go get a couple more to let rest until next year!

Enjoy :ss

Thanks for the review! I have smoked PAM 64s a couple of times now, but I really have to get my hands on a 40th Anny... They sound :dr

Woah we had similar nights. Tonight was my 30th Birthday and I celebrated it with a Padron Millenium.

I've smoked a fewof the 40ths and they are tasty.

Happy Birthday from another May Baby!

Well, I finally smoked the Padron 40th my wife bought me exactly one year ago on my birthday. It was number 474088 (isn't that pretty cool that they are serialized) and it was fantastic.

I had one of these a few months ago, back to back with an OpusX and found the Padron to be somewhat dry and harsh in comparison. That one was from a restruant, so I do not know how old it was.

Well, last night I fired up the 1 yr old with a nice full glass of 16yr Lagavulin. The construction of these are about as nice as any cigar I have ever seen. Perfect box press, tight, dark, flawless wrapper.

The cigar started out a little dry, but full of nice flavor and without any of the typical beginning harshness I was expecting. It had a perfect draw and perfect burn, requiring no touchup or attention during it's 1.5 hour life. Throughout it's well appreciated lifespan, it maintained a smooth, cocoa and nutty flavor profile that had a slight dryness to the aftertaste. The flavor/strength increased slightly throughtout its life, but was never harsh or overbearing. It was not nearly the powerhouse an OpusX is, but was equally enjoyable in its subtlty. I can say that the cigar was an excellent match for the scotch and made for one heck of an enjoyable end to my birthday evening with the wife and kids.:tu

Now I need to go get a couple more to let rest until next year!

Enjoy :ss

I have one of these that has been resting for about 6 months. Can't wait to try it. Thanks for the review!

I received 2 about 2 years ago, one I smoked right away and the other has been sleeping. Don't know when I will smoke it.

Hey, wait a minute! I have #474088!!!!!

Just kidding.

The cigars are great. I think the serial numbers are a gimmick, though.

Hey, wait a minute! I have #474088!!!!!

Just kidding.

The cigars are great. I think the serial numbers are a gimmick, though.

What...a gimmick......I changed my mind, the cigar tasted like crap and ranked below thompsons yard gars!

Woah we had similar nights. Tonight was my 30th Birthday and I celebrated it with a Padron Millenium.

I've smoked a fewof the 40ths and they are tasty.

Happy Birthday from another May Baby!

Back at ya - Happy Birthday to you :bl:bl

I wish I was 30 though.

Mike

Back