Padron Anniversary 1964 Natural Corona 42 X 6

Syekick

Chairy Hestbeater
Up at 5 AM, coffee in hand, a good book, cool morning air, and the beginnings of predawn slowly began to light the sky as I unwrap this little beauty.

Padron, as a family, has not been a group of cigars that I have found to be remarkable to date. The firm square body lets me know that I have a different cigar in hand. Upon lighting it, I found no distinct flavor and this continued for the first 1/4 of the cigar. I was disappointed as this was not a cheap cigar.

Beginning after the first 1/4, a nice distinctive flavor / aroma developed. I can add nothing to that as I could not characterize any thing specific. It was pleasant and lasted for the rest an enjoyable hour and 20 minutes as the hummingbirds woke and the sun rose.

I'll put this in the record as something to try again next year. For me, it was not worth the money. As a matter of fact, after the third puff this morning, had you been there, I'd have offered you the cigar and wished that you enjoy it.

Here's wishing you fine smoking pleasure in all you light!

Sounds similar to my experiences with teh 1926 naturals. I've got a '64 maduro in the humi waiting to be smoked and if that is underwhelming I'm done with the annis. I've heard good things about the maduros though.....

I haven't tried the 64 yet, I have one in my humi though. I tried a Padron 2000 and I thought it was very nice, until I got to the last 1/3 of the smoke, it tasted like burnt eggs.

Ah........... its all about the maduros with Padron for me anyway. They are my favorite cigar family and I only pick up the maduros as they have that sweet coffee/choco/smoky thing going on. Also, I think the smaller ring gauges, like the smoke mentioned above are best with Padron, the wrapper really shines through. Sorry to hear you did not enjoy it much, I would say try a maduro and for more bang for the buck, check out the 1964.

I like everything Padron makes, but for a real treat buy a few boxes of Londres (around $45) and 1 or 2 boxes of 2000's and lay 'em down a while. A year really does wonders, 2-3 years and let's just say you won't will the 1964's too much.

The Padron 1964 in the "Superior" size (6.5x42) maduro is one of my top 5 smokes of all time. I aged for 2 years, and wow, holy great Nicaraguans Batman, these are definitive pleasure. If these were $2 per stick, I would smoke one every day and two on every Saturday :tu Unfortunately, I cannot comment on the naturals, though.

Back