Padron Delicias Maduro

Danimal

CS Cog
I think I may have found another value smoke.

This cigar was great. Minimal veins, solid construction. Smoke beautifully with a very even burn, perfect draw and lots of smoke. Had a very gray ash... almost looked like the ash of some Cubans I've had. It had a coffee flavor throughout and a nice aroma. I picked up a bad tobacco flavor only twice for just a few seconds... otherwise it was great. A bit more mild than the 2000, which tends to give me a slight buzz. I've only tried the 2000 and now this... can't imagine how good the Anniversery is.. shoot. Gotta try the 64 sitting in my humi. If they're lower line cigars are this good, the top-tiers must be amazing.

DKim81 said:
If they're lower line cigars are this good, the top-tiers must be amazing.

The top tier smokes are amazing! The Delicias are a great smoke, but nothing compares to a 1964 anniversary.

I recently picked up a Padron at the Cigar King, I actually think it was the Delicias Maduro. It was the only one they had left that was less than 6-7", and it was unlabeled.

I second the positive review. Fantastic little smoke. The flavor seemed to literally explode out of the thing. Since it was the only one they had, I'm now shopping around for a good source and trying to decide if I should get a whole box.

NCatron said:
I recently picked up a Padron at the Cigar King, I actually think it was the Delicias Maduro. It was the only one they had left that was less than 6-7", and it was unlabeled.

I second the positive review. Fantastic little smoke. The flavor seemed to literally explode out of the thing. Since it was the only one they had, I'm now shopping around for a good source and trying to decide if I should get a whole box.

www.seriouscigars.com is a good vendor with a good price on them. I know they keep their cigars well humidified b/c I've been to the store.

DKim81 said:
www.seriouscigars.com is a good vendor with a good price on them. I know they keep their cigars well humidified b/c I've been to the store.

D'oh, of course, they're out of stock in the boxed maduro. I'll probably just split the difference and get one or two 5 packs from Uncle Mikey.

tazziedevil said:
The top tier smokes are amazing! The Delicias are a great smoke, but nothing compares to a 1964 anniversary.

Hey DKim, have you tried the Fuma? I swear I taste the Annies in those. :w

:ms NCRM

NCRadioMan said:
Hey DKim, have you tried the Fuma? I swear I taste the Annies in those. :w

:ms NCRM

Haven't.. but I THINK I may have one. Is it the lonsdale looking smoke with the curly top?

Talk to Phil @ esmokestack.com for these. He won't have his price online but he almost always has the best price.

Great cigar and since my smoking time gets more and more limited I now choose these instead of the 2000s that were a standard before.

-Matt-

I've noticed also that Cbid has 5-ers of these pretty regularly to bid on. It's how I got mine. Not bad as a last resort I guess...

txmatt said:
Talk to Phil @ esmokestack.com for these. He won't have his price online but he almost always has the best price.

Great cigar and since my smoking time gets more and more limited I now choose these instead of the 2000s that were a standard before.

-Matt-

Matt, Are you talking about the Fumas?

I would like to get some for a "drive home smoke".

Haven't tried the Delicias Maduro, but the 3000 is my go-to cigar. I don't know how they sell these gems at this price point, but I hope they don't get so popular that the price goes up.

From the context, I gather the DM is a smallish stick. I'm gonna hafta find a quickie myself, cuz it's tough finding an hour to get away for a long, relaxing smoke.

I heard the Fuente Short Story was a good one, but my local smoke shop has them going for 6 bux a pop. :mad: I'll look into the Padron, now. Thanx for the tip.

SmokusMaximus said:
DKim81,

Thanks!

My pleasure. Just don't expect them to ship until next week after Rita passes. This store keeps their cigars in pristine condition with a respectable walk-in humidor.

No, not Fumas, the Delicias is a long filler and 4 7/8" x 46; the Fumas are 6 1/2" x 44 and mixed filler.

Last time I checked Phil had a much better price on the Delicias than the SeriousCigars site; but you won't find the Fumas for much better than that outside of Miami.

Although I don't have anything against short/mixed filler cigars I don't smoke them in the car.. the long filler is "safer" for this.

-Matt-

SmokusMaximus said:
Matt, Are you talking about the Fumas?

I would like to get some for a "drive home smoke".

txmatt said:

-Matt-

I just got off the phone with Phil.

Great prices, you have to call or e-mail to get a quote.

Phil sounds like a good guy, I placed an order and I'll keep you informed.

Gregg

txmatt said:
No, not Fumas, the Delicias is a long filler and 4 7/8" x 46; the Fumas are 6 1/2" x 44 and mixed filler.

Last time I checked Phil had a much better price on the Delicias than the SeriousCigars site; but you won't find the Fumas for much better than that outside of Miami.

Although I don't have anything against short/mixed filler cigars I don't smoke them in the car.. the long filler is "safer" for this.

-Matt-

Thanks for the information Matt. I hear you guys talk about the Fumas so much, I figured that I would pick some up for coming home from work duty.

If their flavor profile is basically the same as the Delicias, then I'll just stick to the Delicias. Just trying to find something I wouldn't feel guilty turning into bug food, but not taste like a dog rocket.

Back