Padron Family Reserve

Mr.Maduro

Just livin' the dream...
I was lucky enough to pick up a couple of these from my B&M when Jorge Padron stopped in to pay them a visit. clicky

They're only given out to people and B&Ms by the Padron family themselves so this is a pretty rare cigar.

It looks exactly like a 1926 40th, except has a unique band unlike other Padrons.

Padron007.jpg

The construction was nothing less than I would expect from Padron...flawless!

The pre-light aroma gave of a slight brown sugar / maple syrup smell! :dr

The pre-light draw tasted of cedar.

The light and initial burn was again....flawless.

Padron010.jpg

The first inch had a smooth but complex array of spice, not overpowering or harsh, but hard to pick out one exact flavor.

The easy draw yielded large mouthfuls of white smoke that you can almost chew on...the kind you don't want to blow out, but rather let rise out of your mouth naturally.

The ash was a light grey that held on for 2 inches before it dropped off.

Padron012.jpg

The spice subsided aften about an inch and smoothed out to a creamy tobacco / leathery flavor.

The flavor didn't really change much after that, just continued on pleasantly.

I don't think this is as good as the 40th, but does have its own character. I am just happy I was able to sample another great cigar from the Padron family.

Padron013.jpg

Padron014.jpg

Great review and pictures Patrick. You are one lucky guy for getting that stick.... I'm jealous.

Thanks for the review Patrick, I never even heard of this cigar. I'm sure that was one hell of an event at your B&M.

Thanks for the review and photo's. Thats a beautiful looking white ash and deep brown wrapper on that cigar Mr. M. What the size and rg?:ss

Great review. The entire Padron line seems to be phenomonally good. Every time I see a review like this, I say to myself "I should smoke more of those." Then I go to humi and I get sidetracked by a Tat or Illusione or Opus or the occassional ISOM or, of course, a Gurkha. I need some ideas on how to become indpependtly wealthy so I can spend my days smoking great sticks.

Thanks again for the well done review.:tu

wow.
Me = VERY jealous.

Never heard of them until now, sounds like an amazing, and rare beaut.

Thanks for the review Patrick! Congrats on being able to find and smoke a rare cigar. Truly a fine and enjoyable experience.

Great review!

I am glad to see you smoke that stick instead of saving it for that "special" occasion, sometimes we never know when the last time we will smoke a cigar is!

Thanks again.

Back