Padron: Newbie finally gets it,(but doesn't know what it is!).

Scott M

SilverBack
First things first; which Padron is this:

Padron%202000.JPG

5", box pressed, natural wrapper, (how do you tell the ring size on a box pressed cigar?). I'm thinking a 2000. Picked it up in an auction with a travel humi. There wasn't any description.

At any rate, I can't review this cigar without sounding like a blathering newb. My previous experience had me thinking I was missing something...aspects of this hobby that I hadn't refined enough yet.

The light went on with this one; the only thing missing from this was Beethoven's 9th blaring in the foreground. Man, oh man was Kipling right!

Alright...reigning the horse in now. Suffice it to say that a box of whatever this is will be on the way soon.

Scott"welcometothedarkside"M

Yep. Looks like it's a 2000 if it is exactly 5" & has a ring gauge of 50. Looks like a natural. Good cigar.

You know, the only way to really know is to smoke it. Since you havent had one yet, feel free to send it to me. I will tell you for sure :D

I think they have already hit the nail on the head though. 2000 Natural.

Scott M said:
5", box pressed, natural wrapper, (how do you tell the ring size on a box pressed cigar?).

Padron uses a strange box press which is more like a rectangle than a square. The actual fit could either be a 50 if you place it in your mouth sideways, and a 45 if you put it in horizontally.

I love the 3000 series in this line and although it's a 52 ring it's really about a 48.

Does any of this make any sense? :confused:

LOL, I love Padrons, but I thought they gauged those narrow things on the diagonal!

miketafc said:
The actual fit could either be a 50 if you place it in your mouth sideways, and a 45 if you put it in horizontally.

Back