Padron Serie 1926 40th Anniversary Maduro

Coffee Grounds

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Size: 6 1/2 x 54
Shape: Torpedo
Wrapper: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua

I fired this up to celebrate the 4th of July.

Where to begin:
The construction on this cigar is dam near flawless. It is one of the finest made cigar one can smoke. The burn is excellent that it shames all other cigars. Razor sharp for the entire smoke with a slow cool burn. The ash was super tight hanging on for almost 1/2 of the cigar.

This is one of those well balance coffee sticks. The flavor is a straight forward coffee ground that is smooth as silk. The aftertaste is light on the taste buds at first and then lingers.
There are some other flavors that pop up like burnt nuts & dark wood. After the first 1/4 a flavor that I usually don't find in Padron and that is spice. The spice shoots out of no where and swirls with every puff. So at the 1/2 way point you have this coffee stick with wood and burnt nutts with this awesome back drop of spice. This flavor profile stayed consistent for the rest of the smoke.

This is one fine cigar smoking experience.

When I compare this to the normal 26th ann. there is no large improvements except the spice back drop.

So the normal 26th ann. is a perfect 10 for me.
This 40th addition 26th ann is also a perfect 10.

But.................................Form a value stand point this rates low. The cheapest I can find them is $26 which is a good price considering I hear they are selling for $50. I have to drive to a small town B&M that takes me about 45min.

I would not pay more than the $26 for them and at that price this is a special occasion cigar.

Great review...I've got a few 26's resting and can't wait to light them up.

Thanks again for your input.
Enjoy,
Kevin

Great review of a wonderful cigar. You just reminded me that I have one in my humi that needs to be sacrificed to the fire gods very soon :ss

Back