Padron Serie 1926 #9 Maduro

jbudlives

Beatin' The Heat
I purchased two of these sticks for me and my smokin buddy. I was paying him back for bringing me an Opus X from Casa Fuente.

At first light, we were both in awe. The draw was superb and might be the best draw that I can remember ever having in a smoke. The spice we got out of the first quarter of the smoke was incredible. Great flavor and it only got better.

As we smoked, the spice kind of simmered down a little and a great nutty/light coffee flavor began to come out. The aftertaste of each puff was magnificent. About every three minutes one us would positively say "Oh man!" or "Damn!"

We got about halfway through it and we had to move from our lounging area outside due to some lady in the apartment above us griping about how her kid has a fever, and smoke was bothering him. We could of just said,"Why don't you shut your freakin windows, and maybe your child wouldn't have a fever?"(It was in the 50s) But we were courteous, and a good smoke always bring a happy attitude. So we happily moved our herf to different grounds.

In transit my stogie went out. This is usually a big disspaoinment. But i relit the thing, and it still was GREAT...to the very end.

So i would give this an official Polack rating of 9.6 out of 10.
Why a Polack rating? Because i am a Polack. Just a disclaimer.

My buddy and I decided we really needed to go in on a box of these.
:tu

Darn... now I wanta try one...

good move thinking of the other persons feelings. nice gorilla---good heart:tu

Regards,
Savor :ss

You should give the Naturals a shot before you and your buddy buy a box. (just a suggestion)

Thanks for the review!

I just had a maduro belicoso and it is without a doubt the BEST cigar I've ever smoked. I am also on the hunt for a box or a box split.

Great review and a great buddy to bring you an OPusX, but I would have to say that I have smoked nearly the whole AF line, to include the majority of OPusX's and the 1926 IMHO is much better. :tu

jbudlives - They're even better after you let them marinate in a humidor for about a month.

:tpd: Or a year. These things develop complexity with age; they lose some of their spicy edge, but make up for it with a profile change seemingly every inch of the stick. Not sure if that's the case with the naturals as I consider them to be a little assy, but you can't go wrong aging the maduros as long as you can hold out :tu

:tpd: Or a year. These things develop complexity with age; they lose some of their spicy edge, but make up for it with a profile change seemingly every inch of the stick. Not sure if that's the case with the naturals as I consider them to be a little assy, but you can't go wrong aging the maduros as long as you can hold out :tu

The longest I've been able to let any 1926 sit for is six months. I plan on purchasing a box of #9 Maduros this week and hope to be able to leave it alone for at least a year. But knowing me, it'll get opened up within a few months.

Back