Padron Serie 1926 No. 1 Natural

Papichulo

DIABLO CANOSO
Today I am enjoying one of my premium favorites, Padron Serie 1926 No. 1 Natural Double Corona. It is a Nicaraguan puro 63/4 x 54 with typical flawless Padron construction. The attention to detail by the roller is always evident with a Serie 1926. Pre-light aroma made me drool. I toasted the foot as a little smoke emitted and danced above my torch. Lit her up and the full bodiedness hit me with a knock out punch from the start. I let her burn an inch and the flavors started to warm up. A mellow spicy flavor of latin coffee grounds and hints of Godiva semi-sweet chocolate coated my pallet. A wonderful finish that embraced the aged Cazadores Blanco 100% Blue Agave Tequilla I sipped during this reveiw. I often experiment in my cigar parings and I am absolutely amazed how the agave made the flavors of my Padron intensify. This stick has a well-balanced draw and produces a wonderful salt-n-pepper ash. Halfway into the smoke I began to taste some fine Corinthian leather, like that of those over-price Louis Vuitton purses my always wants for Xmas. She bitches about my cigars and she has a closet full of purses and shoes, go figure!

I rate this smoke a high 9 on a scale of 1 to 10! However, the maduros are a tad better.

Last edited:
I love the 64's, there one of my favorite smokes. I have a 1926 #9 maduro and a 1926 40yr maduro just waiting to be smoked. I think one of those will be my birthday cigar. Can't wait to try them!

Funny, I like the Natties better in the 1926s, and tha Maddies for the 1964d. Just shows, there is a cigar for everyone. :D

I love the 64's, there one of my favorite smokes. I have a 1926 #9 maduro and a 1926 40yr maduro just waiting to be smoked. I think one of those will be my birthday cigar. Can't wait to try them!

I've only had one 26 in my lifetime, but I've had several 64s, including one today. I like the 64s over the 26s...

I bought a box of them in the fall ,only have five left. I love them a lot can't stand to think of my humi without them......Steve

Back