Palio cleaning tip

bobarian

Elder Jungle Leader
Tonight when doing my bi-weekly Palio cleaning I discovered something that I had not seen before and thought I would share for the one or two BOTL's that own one.

I use a q-tip and alcohol to clean the blade and tracks. Works like a charm.
But tonight when I was finished I noticed a tiny speck of tobacco along one track near the top of the blade. I tried to remove it with the q-tip, but it seemed stuck. So I took out one of my smallest mini-screwdrivers and pulled it out. Upon closer inspection I could see more tobacco in the tiny hole.
Then I looked at the ring where you put your fingers and I saw two rectangular holes! These holes go all the way through to the tracks! Eureka! As I carefully poked and pushed the screwdriver through the hole and back along the track an amazing amount of tobacco accumulated on my desk! After cleaning out every last bit my Palio is no longer "sticky" when opening or closing!:tu:tu:tu Hope some of you find this useful!
:chk:chk:chk

Thanks for the the advice Bobarian!!!

My only question is what are you going to do with all that extra tobacco? I'm thinking save it for Kondour and he can have his friend roll a nice big "filler" cigar for him!:r

Last edited:
worth.gif

or a video

marc has told me that they are dish washer safe too! :tu just be sure to thoroughly wipe it dry...

marc has told me that they are dish washer safe too! :tu just be sure to thoroughly wipe it dry...

Have you done this, did it get it nice and clean? I've thought about it a couple times but I couldn't bring myself to actually toss it in with the dishes. It seems like it would work great.

Just an FYI. It may be dishwasher safe, but dishwashers will dull the blades. Moreso the dish soap actually...

It's common practice to only hand wash good cooking knives.

Then again you wouldn't be washing these as frequently, but I figured I'd mention it.
:tu

Just an FYI. It may be dishwasher safe, but dishwashers will dull the blades. Moreso the dish soap actually...
It's common practice to only hand wash good cooking knives.
Then again you wouldn't be washing these as frequently, but I figured I'd mention it. :tu

Beat me too it bro :tu Good tip.

I recommend a little alcohol on a q-tip, works well to remove tobacco oils.

I've been using the same Palio for nearly 8 years and it's still my "go to" cutter.

I hope this helps

~Mark

I need to clean mine.. I've been running mine for almost 2 years, in my pocket every day, and never cleaned it.. I think its about time!
Scott

Do you take the two halves apart when cleaning it?

No, I have not tried that. I am not sure if its necessary. If you look closely at the finger holes, one end has two little rectangular holes. Those are the ones that fill up with tobacco. The other end does not have openings. :tu
Have you tried splitting yours? I think I would end up in the Emergency Room if I tried. :dr

Back