Palio Cutter question

Mindflux

Lowland Gorilla
When did the new Palios (When they changed ownership) start getting the silver shield inserted into them? Mine's just got a blank plastic dummy in its place.

:tu

When did the new Palios (When they changed ownership) start getting the silver shield inserted into them? Mine's just got a blank plastic dummy in its place.

:tu

That is one of the original models. I have one, too. When the ownership changed much was done on improving the quality of the blades and "housing". The silver shield is one of the newer ones.

That is one of the original models. I have one, too. When the ownership changed much was done on improving the quality of the blades and "housing". The silver shield is one of the newer ones.

Mine is from the new ownership, bought last year.

c8.JPG

Lance's cutter (bought the same time I bought mine and had his shipped to him).

The ones from the previous owner toward the end had cutting problems because of a curved surface on the blade.. which sort of tarnished Palio's rep, then BOTL bought the rights to Palio and improved them. I think I was in the first wave of orders on the new cutter.

It looks slick with the shield in it!

I'm in the market for a Palio. What site sells them the cheapest, and can guarantee I receive one of the newer models, and not an old one they still have in stock?

I'm in the market for a Palio. What site sells them the cheapest, and can guarantee I receive one of the newer models, and not an old one they still have in stock?

www.cigarmony.com !! They have the best price and Mark is a great fellow. All they have in at the moment is the classic black with CF and Burlwood on the way.

So is the Palio really that much better than the stainless guillotine cutters? I'm just trying to convince myself to buy one but the cheapy that I have does everything I ask.

So is the Palio really that much better than the stainless guillotine cutters? I'm just trying to convince myself to buy one but the cheapy that I have doesn't everything I ask.

I'm sure you can find a herfer in Houston that has one you can give a go. I've got a Xikar, and two cheapy guillotines(havana cutters) and the Palio. I love the Palio most of all!

I might get the itch to set up another group buy in late September...what do you gorlillas think?

I would definitely be interested in doing something like that. And I have all the way until September to save up. Loose change will hopefully come pretty close by then. Definitely let us know if you do decide to set that up.

Back