Palio Users - Sharpness?

RGD

Elder Jungle Leader
Okay - I swear that my Palio has got to be sharper now than when I got it. I mean it was sharp then - but after months of use I swear the thing is cutting better than it ever did.

I'm pretty positive I could shave the hair off an ant's ass if the need was there.

Anyone else notice and/or think yours is sharper after a lot of use?

Ron

you might have unconsciously learn how to use it better...
the action might have been worked in better...
also, i hear they sharpen themselves with each open and close
IMHO

Last edited:
ant.jpg

Mine is still sharp as the day I got it, dont know about shaving no ants ass though :r

Damn, just tried to shave a hair off an ants ass with my Zino cutter and got a leg instead. Maybe I need new glasses?

Damn, just tried to shave a hair off an ants ass with my Zino cutter and got a leg instead. Maybe I need new glasses?

Shoulda got a Palio :D

Ron, I cant find anywhere that it says its self sharpening...mine doesnt seem to be less sharp and ive cut at least 100 cigars with it. Are they supposed to be self sharpening?

Shoulda got a Palio :D

Ron, I cant find anywhere that it says its self sharpening...mine doesnt seem to be less sharp and ive cut at least 100 cigars with it. Are they supposed to be self sharpening?

Yeah I don't know. But I've cut hundreds with it and just in the last week or so just seems like it cuts with next to no effort - razor edges on the smokes.

Ron

Last edited:
Guess I'll look into that then. It still works just fine, but if I'm a little too enthusiastic when opening it, it pops apart.

I have the "original" one and if it isn't sharper it is just as sharp.. I am certain it could give my finger a "blood ring" if I wasn't careful with it. :)

It has cut several hundred cigars and I am certain it will be good for thousands more.

Okay - I swear that my Palio has got to be sharper now than when I got it. I mean it was sharp then - but after months of use I swear the thing is cutting better than it ever did.

I'm pretty positive I could shave the hair off an ant's ass if the need was there.
Anyone else notice and/or think yours is sharper after a lot of use?

Ron

:confused: :confused: :r

Yes it is sharp. I have a blood ring around my index finger to prove it :D

OK, let me ask this, how much pressure did you have to use to get a blood ring around your finger? I just put my finger in mine and put some pressure on it (not a lot, but enough to squeeze my finger with the blades) and it had no effect.

Palio wanted replace it when I mentioned something on here before, but I wanted to have someone who knew what it was supposed to be like try it first. I stopped into a Palio retailer today, and he tried it and said it was working fine.:c

...I just put my finger in mine and put some pressure on it (not a lot, but enough to squeeze my finger with the blades) and it had no effect...

This is DEFINITELY not recommended!

Palio wanted replace it when I mentioned something on here before, but I wanted to have someone who knew what it was supposed to be like try it first. I stopped into a Palio retailer today, and he tried it and said it was working fine.:c

Did he demonstrate with a cigar or just look at it and say it's ok?

~M

OK, let me ask this, how much pressure did you have to use to get a blood ring around your finger? I just put my finger in mine and put some pressure on it (not a lot, but enough to squeeze my finger with the blades) and it had no effect.

When you use a knife (no matter how sharp) you generally don't push straight down but pull it across the surface with pressure.

Put a little pressure on it and then rotate it; get a band aid.. :D

Back