Palio vs Xikar

lol you guys are all wrong.. you put your mouth on the open end and burn the rounded end =]:BS

lol you guys are all wrong.. you put your mouth on the open end and burn the rounded end =]:BS

Exactly!! Cutters are over rated gadgets used by snobs that want to look cool just before they smoke the wrong end of a good smoke! :BS:BS

Exactly!! Cutters are over rated gadgets used by snobs that want to look cool just before they smoke the wrong end of a good smoke! :BS:BS

I'd agree with that but the palio is cheap and a total understated cutter, yet it is perfect.

I just bought a Palio today. After trying other BOTL's Palios I had to get one. I have a Xikar and it does not compare to the Palio IMHO.

Title explains it all. Which one is the better cutter? I like the Xikar better

Have you tried a Palio yet?

I have seen many people on this board vote for a xikar because they have one but have never tried a Palio. I have used both and in my opinion the Palio has a superior "feel" and cut.

I remember this debate about six months back and Darrell voted xikar. Now he's got a Palio and hasn't looked back. He's not the only one.

I have used the regular xicar and the palio, but my winner is the xicar mtx scissors. Sharp enough to lop off some of the cap, or trim off just enough to get through the binder. Folds up for easy travel. If I am worried about losing it, I take my Havana cutter. Single blade guillotine that works like a charm, if not being able to handle bigger RG smokes (which I rarely smoke anyways).

I'll gladly go over this numerous times.. Palio is the one. If you don't think so, you aren't using it right :D
Scott

I have used the regular xicar and the palio, but my winner is the xicar mtx scissors. Sharp enough to lop off some of the cap, or trim off just enough to get through the binder. Folds up for easy travel. If I am worried about losing it, I take my Havana cutter. Single blade guillotine that works like a charm, if not being able to handle bigger RG smokes (which I rarely smoke anyways).

I have a Palio cutter and Davidoff scissors that I got as a gift . . . and the Xicar scissors. The Palio is an incredible cut - slices beautifully. The Davidoff scissors give a great cut but are a bit large and I worry about scratching them. The Xicar scissors are sharp, easy to control the cut and easy to carry. And they offer tools should I need them later as I smoke. All of these cutters are terrific but the Xicar gets more use than the other two combined.

Back