First review

Date: 9/28/08
Reviewer: Garlicbreath
Cigar: Partagas Black Maximo Tubos
Size:6 x 50
Wrapper: Connecticut (per Top25Cigar)
Binder: Dom. Rep. (per Top25Cigar)
Filler: Nicaragua (per Top25Cigar)
Age: Not sure, received as a gift from a friend (thanks Ray!)
Ambience: Golf
Beverage: Bloody Mary's
Appearance: Beautiful dark wrapper with an oily sheen
Pre-Light: Very nice taste
Draw: Perfect. No issues
1/3: Started out fairly mild no distinct flavors coming through, nothing harsh or off
2/3: Chocolate flavor bursting through
3/3: Did not finish due to the burn issue, but the chocolate flavors were still there and getting stronger
Burn: Problems throughout the smoke, it would not stay lit, constant retouching.
Ash: Did not hold up due to cart bouncing all over the place.
Smoke: Could not evaluate due to the outdoor conditions
Strength: Medium? Immature palate.... Zero nicotine buzz.
Finish: Afterwards in the clubhouse I ate dinner and drank 6 Sierra Nevada Pale Ales and the aftertaste was still lingering and it was awesome
Time: 1 1/2 hours off an on
Impression: Aside from the burn problem it was wonderful
Pictures: Did not have time on the golf course
Comments: I feel guilty that I smoked this on the golf course, it definitely needed to be baby sat. Would I smoke this cigar again? Absolutely. I have a few more in various sizes stored away. Overall I really enjoyed this cigar. Do you have any recommendations that are comparable?

Nice review. Nothing like a good smoke on the course then polishing of a 6'er of beers. Sounds like my kind of day.

These are one of my favorites!!! My friend gnukfu (George) was kind enough to send me three!!!

I have had burn problems with some of the other sizes but not the Maximo!!!

Thanks for the review!!! Good job!!!:tu

I love the Partagas Black Labels, thanks for the review.

As far as comparable cigars to the Partagas Black, I think the 5 Vegas Series 'A' has some similarities.

The CAO Brazillia is somewhat similar; it's an excellent smoke as well, and if you like the Partagas Black, you may like it too.

The EO brands 601 Green Label Oscuro is really something, and def. one to put on the list for you to try. You will no doubt love it if you like the Partagas Black. Both of these will always have a home in my humi.

The EO brands 601 Green Label Oscuro is really something, and def. one to put on the list for you to try. You will no doubt love it if you like the Partagas Black. Both of these will always have a home in my humi.

I agree 100% - and the 601 Green is one fine smoke. Reading this makes me want to smoke one of each of these right now! :dr

Thanks for the recommendations.
Queuing up the 601 Green Label, CAO Brazillia and the 5 Vegas Series A.
I had a 601 a couple weeks ago when Eddie Ortega was in town but it was one of his milder cigars Gold label if I recall correctly.

PBL are one of my favorite smokes. They tend to burn a little better if kept at lower humidity. The last one I smoked was on an empty stomach. WOW what a buzz and tummy ache afterwards. Think I'll have one this evening.

Back