Partagas Black

I had the pleasure of trying one of these out after I recieved it in the PIF from CWaddell_1 (a very generous BOTL by the way). The size that I recieved was the Bravo size.

I smoked this nice dark stick around midday after a light lunch. Upon first glance it was a very nice looking stick with minor construction flaws near the tip but nothing really to complain about. It had a deep strong smell and upon toasting it starting emitting a very nice aroma. The first puff was nice and smooth and a little stronger than I expected. I would classify as medium-full bodied. The draw was nice and easy with no hesitation. The burn remained fairly even with a little help from Colibri here and there. The cigar remained nice and strong throughout with a rich flavor adding to the experience. Near the end I noticed some slight harshness and over-heating, but its almost to be expected when you smoke it right down to the nub.

Overall it was a very nice offering from Partagas which is quickly becoming one of my new favorite brands. I would definitely recommend this smoke to friends who enjoy deeper flavors.

Between the Partagas Black line and the Partagas Cifuentes lines I think I may have found my new go-to brand. Carlos Torano look out!! :D

I agree with the review, this is a pretty good smoke. I've been having the same problem with a lot of smokes lately in regard to getting overheated. I used to use a guillotine cutter and swithched to a bullet, I think that I may me drwing too hard and overheating. Anyway, good review.

Is that what it is? I'm a pretty big drawer myself and have been having that prob lately. I just love to smoke it and I can't seem to ever let it rest. How is the bullet working for you in that regards?

I have smoked quite a few Clasico's and I really enjoy the flavor. I started running into construction problems that kept me away from this line for awhile. Recently I have had a few of the Maximo Tubos that were quite good and did not have the construction issues I ran into on the other size.

I am a big fan of the Classico. It's a great special treat. Was able to have my first Spanish Rosado, San Augustin over the weekend. That was a great cigar as well.

i smoked quite a few of these for a while....

...when they first came out, and then gave them up because the started becoming inconsistent in flavour and burn(really bad unmanageable burn) and got too hot to bear.

Maybe now that they've had time to age a little more since their release they're getting better?

might have to try one again.

LasciviousXXX said:
I had the pleasure of trying one of these out after I recieved it in the PIF from CWaddell_1 (a very generous BOTL by the way). The size that I recieved was the Bravo size.

I smoked this nice dark stick around midday after a light lunch. Upon first glance it was a very nice looking stick with minor construction flaws near the tip but nothing really to complain about. It had a deep strong smell and upon toasting it starting emitting a very nice aroma. The first puff was nice and smooth and a little stronger than I expected. I would classify as medium-full bodied. The draw was nice and easy with no hesitation. The burn remained fairly even with a little help from Colibri here and there. The cigar remained nice and strong throughout with a rich flavor adding to the experience. Near the end I noticed some slight harshness and over-heating, but its almost to be expected when you smoke it right down to the nub.

Overall it was a very nice offering from Partagas which is quickly becoming one of my new favorite brands. I would definitely recommend this smoke to friends who enjoy deeper flavors.

Between the Partagas Black line and the Partagas Cifuentes lines I think I may have found my new go-to brand. Carlos Torano look out!! :D

LeafHog said:
I have smoked quite a few Clasico's and I really enjoy the flavor. I started running into construction problems that kept me away from this line for awhile. Recently I have had a few of the Maximo Tubos that were quite good and did not have the construction issues I ran into on the other size.

I would also echo the same comments... I like the flavor profile but have had burn issues with most except the Maximo Tubos... have not had a bad one yet... very nice medium power smoke with good flavor...

Just wanted to give a little update. I have since picked up a couple more of these and have only had slight burn probs but nothing major. The flavor is very nice and I would recommend that anyone who has tried them give them another shot. The smoke is so nice I could overlook any burn issues that seem to be prevalent in this line.

I love this cigar. Outstanding!!

Every time that I have gone to the cigar shop I keep seeing these. I have to say that I'm a big fan of the darker wrapper flavors, especially maduro. These are so dark and they keep calling to me... :c

:D thanks for the advice!

i got a couple buddies that like these but i think these are among the more boring and flavor-free of the alleged full-bodied smokes. more for you guys!

Just finished my first Classico. Nice cigar. Up until a couple of weeks ago, I hadn't smoked a Maduro in probably 4 or so years. Now I seem to be enjoying them. They seem to have an underlying sweetness and medium strength that sits well with my coffee after dinner. I picked up a fiver of these and am looking forward to the rest of them.
This one burned evenly with nice volumes of smoke and spicy sweetness. The Non-Cubans have come a LONG way in the past few years.

Arleban said:
Every time that I have gone to the cigar shop I keep seeing these. I have to say that I'm a big fan of the darker wrapper flavors, especially maduro. These are so dark and they keep calling to me... :c

:D thanks for the advice!

I'll have to second that, and will definitely put the black on my buy list.

Nice Review

Oh yes, these are one of my fav's. The classico is a great smoke, and you really can't beat them for the price either. Give me these some JDN's and a few LGC #4 maduros and I'm a happy camper. :D

Yeah these are really great. Since posting the review originally I picked up a box and am letting them set for awhile.

One of my favorite Domestics. I would definitely recommend these for anyone who hasn't tried them. Great Flavor.

These are really good, but I have discovered now that I like the Spanish Rosado even more. I haven't tried the Cifuente line yet but if I find some I will definitely give them a go based on the strength of these two.

"but I have discovered now that I like the Spanish Rosado even more."

Cool! I just scored a 5'r of SR's on cbid. I have not heard much news on this Partagas line.

Guess I'll grab a few blacks from the local shop next trip out.

The Magnifico is my "go to Cigar". I really like the flavor of these sticks. I have smoked probably 1/2 a dozen over a month period and have not run into any construction/burn problems ( a bit hot at the end however I did smoke them until my finger tips turned brown, just cant put it down:)). The pepper flavor is really nice with a strong cup of coffee after dinner.

I like the Blacks, and prefer the Bravos over the Classicos........ :w
Don't care much for the Rosados......... :BS

Back