Partagas Spanish Rosado San Agustin (5x52)

BlackIrish

ChestBeater
The cigar:
Partagas Spanish Rosado San Agustin (5x52)
Wrapper: Honduran San Agustin
Binder: Connecticut Broadleaf
Filler: Dominican, Honduran and Mexican
Manufactured: Dominican Republic

The marketing
CI: A mellow blend from one of the biggest names in the business. Welcomed with open arms by cigar enthusiasts, the Spanish Rosado makes an excellent addition to the Partagas stable. The name is derived from the gorgeous, reddish-brown wrappers grown in the San Augustin Valley of Honduras. This leaf is rich and oily with a thick texture and stunning reddish hue that almost seems to glow. The uniqueness of the San Augustin soil creates a bold, spicy taste with a hint of cinnamon, leaving a white, beautiful ash. Combined with the Connecticut broadleaf binder and Dominican, Honduran and Mexican long-fillers, you can expect a medium-bodied cigar with a rich character and some spicy goodness.
The Spanish Rosada of Partagas received a well-deserved ’90’ rating, noting:
"A dark little robusto that draws and burns well, imparting a good balance of medium-bodied woody, fruity and nutty notes that culminate in a pleasant sweet finish."

Appearance/pre-light:
A gorgeous wrapper, darker than I'd expected, reddish hues, smooth, fine-veined. Fantastic construction. Nice feel in the hand. Mild aroma of tobacco and compost. Some cinnamony spice on the cold draw.

Burn:
Generally excellent, quite sharp, with a beautiful firm silvery ash. It burned slower and longer than I expected, giving me a good 60-75 minutes worth of smoking. Draw was very good, towards the tighter side of the spectrum but no problems at all. Lots of smoke, with a nice floral note to the aroma.

Flavor:
It started off with a little bit of pepper, which mellowed into cinnamony, woody sweetness after the first inch or so. I found the flavor delicious and complex: first some sweet, then wood, then some creaminess, then spicy atop the sweet. Always rich, with a long smooth finish, and no harshness.

Overall: This is one of my favorite cigars. I got a great deal from the Devil Site on a five pack, smoked a few, then bought myself a box so I always have some in my humi. Highly recommended; a great evening smoke when you want something rich and satisfying.

Great review bro :tu

Never forget the first one I had, there was a party goin' on in my mouth:ss

I need to grab another one of these. The one and only Spanish Rosado I had was a total bust. I put it down just past half way.

The floral notes I got on some of these were incredible. It tasted like I was smoking a tulip.

Not in a bad way, mind you...

Back