Partagas Spanish Rosado Santiago

dantzig

Pseudo Gorilla
Partagas Spanish Rosado Santiago

"Santa" was kind enough to include of couple of these in the huge bomb that he dropped on my house. I didn't have time for a full sized smoke yesterday so I decided to fire one up.

The Partagas Spanish Rosado Santiago is a cute little 4.3"x36 ga. cigar contained in a convenient tube. For being so small and inexpensive, it is well made. Construction looks and feel good. Even the band looks nice. The wrapper is a dark brown/red with few small to moderate sized veins. Pre-light aroma is woody and spicy. Cut is effortless with my Palio. No problems with draw despite the small ring gauge. Taste upon light is that distinctive Partagas spice with some wood. Body is medium. Burn is a bit ragged. After a few puffs, the flavor really gets going. I taste some tangy fruit (dried cherry and apple), lots of spice and some wood. The spice is present and constant through the whole cigar. The tangy dried fruit taste actually builds to a very tart level. If it wasn't for the spice, it might have become overwhelming. The burn become uneven in a few places and I had a couple small runs but the cigar corrected itself pretty well. This is a short smoke with a lot of character. I would like to try a larger vitola to see how it compares.

In comparison to the 5 Vegas Shorty, this cigar has heaps more flavor and character. The Shorty is a good smoke but seems very middle of the road after experiencing the Spanish Rosado Santiago. I'll keep both around as while it's a good cigar, I'm not sure I would want to smoke a Spanish Rosado Santiago every day.

Thanks again, "Santa"! :ss

Nice review! The Partagas Spanish Rosado is starting to become one of my favorites in a ny size.

I had one of these tonight. It is still a bit chilly here for a full length smoke, hopefully tomorrow it will be really nice.

I echo dantzig's sentiments.

Very nice construction, nice draw. I had no problems with the burn being uneven. I noticed there was not a ton of smoke, but I guess that is to be expected with a small stick. I noticed a lot of the spice, but not so much of the fruit.

A solid smoke, I would also be interested to see what a larger size has to offer, but I felt the size was just right for a quicker smoke. When I want a real quick one I still go for my little Macanudos (like the drive home from work) but this was definitely a more substantial smoke.

I see a box of these in my future...:ss

Back