Partagas

cbsmokin

Lowland Gorilla
I don't see much discussion of the brand here.

Are you guys fans?

The picture of the box of Serie S Esplendido in the JR catalog looks yummy.

Here is a single:

cf5b8b03.jpg

Personally I'm not much on brands such as this with Cuban counterparts - especially Cohiba. Though I don't buy them I have smoked my share and they are okay.

Ron

Partagas Black Label are my favorite cigar! I have never had a cuban anything so I can't comment on that. But the 160 is a good cigar too! Wish I could find a 150.

I've liked the Serie S and have bought two boxes of their larger vitola over the past year. The Espelendido pictured used to be one of my favorites when I was working as they are fairly short time smokes. Still can be streched to an hour if your careful. Don't smoke them too fast though or they get harsh/bitter. (Like any small vitola)

Personally I find the serie S to be Med to Full, better if left to age several months, and superbly constructed.

FN in MT:cb

I had a Partagas Aristocrat the other day that had some age on it. It was a most excellent smoke - I wasn't expecting much and was quite surprised.

I picked up a few Partagas (not sure what is is) in JRs in NC last year on my way back from Massachusetts. I like them.:chk

The blacks are bitchin smokes, rich flavor and easy on the wallet. Honestly never cared to try anything else they offer though.

I always have a least 1 box of the black's in my cooler. Great flavor, excellent construction and a very reasonable price.

I dont smoke any of the brands that have Cuban counterparts. I did make a concious decision not to with Cohibas and but its naturally turned out to be that way for the other brands.

I do own a box of Montecristo Whites, which I bought before I really understood the lay of the land as it were. I mostly give them to friends who don't smoke tho.

I think that the Aristocrates are an excellent smoke! A good-old standby that I always have available in my humidor. Now that I have a cabinet, I will be sure that there is always a box.

Partagas is one of my favorite brands...Black, Spanish Rosado, Cifuentes, Shorts, Super Partagas, Mille Fleurs and of course Lusitania....:dr

The Spanish Rosado Santiago is a tasty little tubo. Great for dropping in your pocket when you need a short smoke later. :tu

I'm not sure that anybody can tell you what cigar is good or bad for your tastes. So my suggestion would be to pickup a fiver and give it a try. If you like it, it's a great cigar, and if you don't your not out much. If you are talking about construction, I haven't had many problems with Partagas NC's.

Back