Patience

I am trying my darndest to remain patient. I ordered a humi three weeks ago. I knew going into it that it would take 4-6 weeks to make, but the wait is very difficult! I feel like my hands are pretty much tied. I want to get invloved in newbie trades, but I do not have anywhere to put a stash if sticks to allow it. I have a friend tha lets me put some in his humi, but it is pretty full and I don't feel right asking to do it much. On the positive side of things, my PB-207 is now at the post office waiting for pick up, my USPS "package" delivery boxes arrived today and my ring gauge has moved past 10. To top it all off, I got very lucky with being in the right place at the right time with a fellow BOTL last night. I must be slipping down the slope somewhat. Maybe I will be able to pick up speed in a week or two.

Once you get started, it will never stop! In 2 weeks, I already have filled one humidor, and am about to get a second one soon. I may have to pick up a second job just to support this addiction!

Things will only get worse :)

When i started i had a 30 ct. humidor, then I picked up a 15 ct. otterbox. Then after that i got another 30 ct. humidor. After which i got a 34 qt. cooler that overflowed after only three weeks, now i have a 70 qt cooler which is getting full, not to mention all the others i mentioned above are full.

All i can say to you is good luck :D

White97Jimmy said:
Once you get started, it will never stop!

xxwaldoxx said:
Things will only get worse :)

(sigh) These are words of wisdom I sadly never heeded.

I now sleep in a camper parked in my driveway. My house is too cold and humid to live in (65/65). That and the entire house is packed floor to rafters with cigars.

Just becareful fellers or you'll end up like us, a bunch of stuff in your humidor you don't like much anymore. We bought to many boxes of stuff last year. Good cigars mind you, just the progression of the lifestyle, tastes change sometimes dramaticly. Only a handful of nc's that we smoked a few years ago that we still enjoy. If your just starting out do the samplers until yens get your preferred flavor profile then go crazy. :2

floydp said:
Just becareful fellers or you'll end up like us, a bunch of stuff in your humidor you don't like much anymore. We bought to many boxes of stuff last year. Good cigars mind you, just the progression of the lifestyle, tastes change sometimes dramaticly. Only a handful of nc's that we smoked a few years ago that we still enjoy. If your just starting out do the samplers until yens get your preferred flavor profile then go crazy. :2
:tpd: He ain't so stoopid as the sign sez.

Go into your kitchen and grab one of those tupperware containers that are stored under the cabinets. There ya go. Or go grab your Igloo/Coleman cooler. There ya go. Read the threads on coolerdors -
As the slope gets steeper - your going to need them anyways - might as well start now. :D :D

Ron

Bigwaved said:
I am trying my darndest to remain patient. I ordered a humi three weeks ago. ...

I don't remember you ordering a humi bro? :r

Welcome to the WORST hobby on your wallet in the world!!!

~M

This is why I love this forum so much. A fellow BOTL sees a newbie losing his balance a little on the edge of the cliff...and in no time the newb gets a swift kick in the rear to make sure he plunges! Off to the baggie store I must go.

;)

I have a plastic bag that I bought at the cigar store that has a little packet of stuff-if I start my own bags, what do I put in the bag to provide moisture?

Thanks
CigarGal
aka Marianne

Bigwaved said:
This is why I love this forum so much. A fellow BOTL sees a newbie losing his balance a little on the edge of the cliff...and in no time the newb gets a swift kick in the rear to make sure he plunges! Off to the baggie store I must go.
;)

:r too darn funny bro!

~Mark

Received an email from Bob today. Two weeks and counting...tick tock, tick tock. The wait is going to drive me to smoke!!

Desert Rat said:
(sigh) These are words of wisdom I sadly never heeded.

I now sleep in a camper parked in my driveway. My house is too cold and humid to live in (65/65). That and the entire house is packed floor to rafters with cigars.

Haaaaaa. Too cold and humid...I'd love 65/65. Florida is about 90* and 85% now

Bigwaved said:
Received an email from Bob today. Two weeks and counting...tick tock, tick tock. The wait is going to drive me to smoke!!

I thought you said you bought a humi !

You bought a work art ! Bobs work is second to none !

CigarGal said:
I have a plastic bag that I bought at the cigar store that has a little packet of stuff-if I start my own bags, what do I put in the bag to provide moisture?

Thanks
CigarGal
aka Marianne

A sponge (Clean) moistened with distilled water will do :)

Back