Pepin Lancero Sampler!

dunng

Elder Jungle Leader
Just returned from my local B&M (The Cigar Room - West Springfield, MA) and was warned that she ordered some Pepin Lancero Samplers! Just a heads up... :ss

This was mentioned in the Pepin Whore thread the other day and the price was mentioned around $100 for the 10 cigars. Any word from your B&M on price?

My B&M quoted $100 today. Not worth it to me since I can get non-lanceros for much cheaper but if anyone wants one, I can hook you up for my costs.

My problem is in other sizes all but the El Centurian sales for less than $10/cigar.

Not true at all. The cigars in this sampler are not even regular production cigars and can't be found. Even at 12.50 per, it's a great deal! Locally the Miami lancero goes for $12 and the '32 goes for $13 so the price is dead in line with other Pepin lanceros.

BTW dantzig, if you think you will get the same taste out of a robusto or toro that you get out of a lancero, you are mistaken. The blend is so much more concentrated and I know for sure the BL lancero has a little extra ligero in them. :ss

:2

Not true at all. The cigars in this sampler are not even regular production cigars and can't be found. Even at 12.50 per, it's a great deal! Locally the Miami lancero goes for $12 and the '32 goes for $13 so the price is dead in line with other Pepin lanceros.
The Padilla line in gneral (8/11 and '32) are more expensive than all but the El Centurian in this line. Look at the 8&11 lancero and the box price is the same as the robusto. Then look at the robusto prices of the Don Pepin Garcia (JJ, JJM, Blue and Black), they are significantly less.

You're paying for it being limited here, IMO. That's fine for whoever wishes to do it, but when I can get 30-40 Blue Generosos for the price of these lanceros, I'm going with them.

Just my preference and I'm sure these sale like crazy.

You're paying for it being limited here, IMO.

Uh....yeah, exactly! Why else would they be put into this special sampler? That is the point, limited production. BTW, the BL lancero blows the Generosos out of the water. Quality over quanity. :tu

My B&M quoted $100 today. Not worth it to me since I can get non-lanceros for much cheaper but if anyone wants one, I can hook you up for my costs.

Do you take credit cards? :r

I want these SOOOOOO bad. First time I see them online I'll be in the doghouse for a week for buying so many!. :ss

Just reserved 2 of these from Alan at PuffnStuff....

I have 20 of the Pepin Holiday Lancero Sampler available, they contain

2 El Centurion
2 JJ
2 JJ Maduro
2 Black Label
2 of my Blue Label

They are $90

Call or PM

Al

770-908-9388

Only 1000 boxes made, all of these are non-production sizes. The BL's are even a little different than the origianal release.

I have to agree what a couple posted here. I have in the past been a larger cigar fan but have consistantly noticed that the Lancero sized vitolas are unbelievably more complex than it's bigger brothers. Also Lancero's are the hardest cigar shape to roll so a lot less rollers can handle the complexity of combining the binders and fillers without overstuffing and causing plugged smokes.

Anyone smoke any of these Lanceros recently? Wondering how the Centurions and JJ Maduros are burning.

Back