Pepin Vegas Classic Cubanas Robusto

macjoe53

Alpha Silverback
Pepin Vegas Cubanas

As with the Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic Robusto I recently smoked, the Vegas Cubanas (robusto) I had also had a wrapper that was close to being fragile.
Other than that this is just another good, solid smoke from Don Pepin. I found it to be milder to my taste than either the JJ or the Cuban Classic, but I still enjoyed smoking it. I found less spice than the others but a nice woodsy flavor with a slight sweetness to it.

The ash was a little flaky but it held up well through the first half. Then the ash fell off and I noticed that it had tunneled about ¼ of an inch in the middle. That was disappointing. I touched the outside up to get it burning even again and smoked it down to about an inch left.

The nicotine buzz started to kick in at that point and since I was sitting outside (87 degrees in the shade) I decided I had enough.

My bottom line on the Pepin Vegas Cubanas was that I wouldn’t turn it down if one was offered free – and I have turned down some cigars I didn’t like – but if it’s sitting on the shelf next to either the JJ or the Cuban Classic I will buy one of them instead.

My sentiments exactly. I two enjoy the Black and JJ much more than the Vegas Cubanas. I have found that they do have there place when you are looking for something with some sweetness and don't want a Maduro. I am aging a box I got off the recent Joecigar deal. Interested in seeing hoe they age all; the ones I have smoked have been pretty fresh.

Last edited:
My sentiments exactly. I two enjoy the Black and JJ much more than the Vegas Cubanas. I have found that they do have there place when you are looking for something with some sweetness and don't want a Maduro. I am aging a box I got off the recent Joecigar deal. Interested in seeing hoe they age all; the ones I have smoked have been pretty fresh.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like fresh cigars.

Back