Perdomo Cabinet Champ. R

Lanthor

Evolving Lead Gorilla
In the spirit of Mr. Doug I am going to review a Perdomo w/pic. (not that I harbor any illusion of doing his fine reviews justice).

This is my first smoke in 5 weeks (long story involving less than noble tabacco products), so the palet is a little weak, thus my choice of a cigar I hope will be on the mild side.

I am not smart enough to figure out how to post picts other than attachments so bear with me.

Great cream yellow wrapper, although the smell is a little flat. Presmoke draw is a little loose as well.

Starts out harsh, but I chalk that up to a rusty pallet, tastes kind of like I would expect a cigarette to after a long layoff.

Last edited:
About 1/4 into it, things mellow out and I taste what I want to say is cedar and some pine nuts (in addition to some aged, burnt vanilla), but again, newbie so who knows. There is a subtle underlying sweatness that is not overpowering. I ended up dumping the ash out of carelessness. Mild in flavor, but I am feeling the nicotine after the long layoff. I am also enjoying a local beer, Widmer IPA.

One more note, SI will not be calling me to do their next swim suit shoot.

Last edited:
Home stretch, haven't mentioned this but the smoke is great, lots of it and it tastes smooth.
It took me an hour to smoke this robusto. It did get a little spicy towards the end, but nothing that would stay with you. There is a flavor(s) in Predomo cigars that I can never pin down.

If I had to compare it to something, it would be to an R&J Vintage, same mellow smoothness, however the Perdomo is much more interesting to me, has more character, and keeps my attention (wife isn't home so there is nothing else to focus on though:D).

Anyway, for the new smokers I would rate this a must try, good complexity that won't knock you on your butt.

I give it an 88, good structure, smoke, flavor, so so prelight aroma and draw.

Check out my au natural ash tray, I am very creative (pathetic) no?

Last edited:
Back