Perdomo Habano Corojo Robusto

Mr. Doug

Gorilla
I went into my FNCS today to take pics of their Perdomo Silvio case, and saw Nick (owner..not Nick Perdomo) unwrapping a box of new cigars from Perdomo. This is their first stab at a Corojo...and I had an hour to kill...so I thought I'd sit down, and burn one, taking pics along the way for others to see/enjoy!

We start with the cigar its self. The wrapper is nice ant tight...cuban seed. One big vein down the side, but I wasn't going to knock it too much for that.

1.jpg

The label is outstanding. A little large for my taste, but the presentation says you are about to smoke something special. The bottom "COROJO" label was a bit hard to take off...too much glue. I had to heat it up with a lighter to soften it up a bit...but it didn't damage the wrapper at all.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Now let's light her up and see what happens!

Last edited:
Re: Perdomo Corojo Robusto

After I cut it, I immediately noticed that it was a little too easy to draw on. I mean REAL easy.

The FLCS owner told me that this is the first batch, so it may not be 'done' yet. I guess that means that they haven't gotten into a grove on working with this tobacco, or that the sizes/shape isn't in their daily routine yet...in either event, I found it very easy to get going.

Immediately, I thought it was going to be spicy all the way through. For the first 5min...it was. LOTS of pepper, leather, and what I would call clove...but that's not exactly what it was. Spicy...that sums up the first 1/3 pretty well.

4.jpg

Re: Perdomo Corojo Robusto

As you can see, the ash is VERY white, and burned pretty consistently for about the first 1.5"...then it started down one side more than the other.

5.jpg

6.jpg

Here, I start burning a lot faster on one side...

7.jpg

So I dump it off to see why...

8.jpg

Ahh...the filler leaf shifted to one side on this one. That would explain the easy draw...because it was out of the way. (I think that is why anyway.)

I didn't notice that it firmed up at all, but I did feel that the cigar's taste at this point passed the 'spicy' phase, and went more medium-bodied.

Ok, let's ditch the label and get down to the business of the last 3"...but take a look a the label first.

9.jpg

As with most of the Perdomo cigars that I've seen...the label is awesome. It's embossed, foil and ink printed, and very intricate.

2 great Perdomos, and 2 great reviews...I like it, keep them coming.

To think im still trying to get my hands on a Lot 23. You're a lucky SOB Mr Doug :r

The last 3" went something like this...

10.jpg

You'll notice in the background that I only dumped the ash once...this was the second, and there was one more at the end. That tells me that MOST of the construction was with quality tobacco.

The smoke at this point is rich and creamy. The taste was smooth, and medium-bodied. The stick was as firm as it could be at 3" lit...I'm really starting to enjoy it.

...and here's the end of the road...

11.jpg

The last 1.5" was worth the rest of the smoke. I think that for $5.50, you can't go wrong here. I'm sure Nick Perdomo will listen to the masses about improvements and make them over time. Any good business owner has to.

Overall, the cigar has a great, robust taste. The initial spice might be a deterrent to some, but once you get through an inch or so, it calms down. Being one of the first out of the gate, I'm sure the cigar would mature nicely...and I may try another in a month or two, just to see what happens.

THAT being said...for $5.50...it's a hell of a smoke.

...the end.

I'd imagine that after a week, it'll be in pretty good shape. Mine was LITERALLY out of the shipping box less than an hour when I lit it.

I'm going to try another one tomorrow and see if it has the same issues. Other than the burn, I really enjoyed it.

Thanks for the detailed review and the excellent pics... very clear... time for a manicure, though. :r

Just kidding! ;)

Awesome review....the Perdomo rep for our area was in the shop on Tuesday and handed these out to us working there...OH MY GOD this was a great smoke! The cigar had an amazing flavor and a beautiful ash...and the proposed cost on this stick is a great price. They are going to be available in a maduro as well sooner than later...

Back