Perdomo Lot 23 (Maduro Belicoso)

Badmamajama

Maturing Primate
I believe I am in the correct forum for this review...

Well this is my first and if it is done incorrectly I would love to be corrected, I take criticism very well. Now Onward...

Tonight was the first time I had smoked this brand of cigar, the Perdomo Lot 23. I purchased it upon the suggestion of the local Shoppe keep; he stated that it was "A 5 dollar cigar that smoked like a 20 dollar cigar." I was mildly impressed and intrigued, so I purchased the Maduro Belicoso and the Natural Toro.

Upon lighting the cigar I was greeted with a very earthy aroma with a mild undertone of spice at the back of the throat. Following that a thick creamy smoke drifted towards the sky. Throughout the cigar I tasted some pine and a bit of a nutty taste, with the undertone of spice. The only problem that I had with the cigar is it did not have a very even burn. I never had to relight it but I do believe that the uneven burn was partially my fault. (I have never really been shown how to correctly light a cigar.)

Aside from my short comings, I thoroughly enjoyed this cigar and I will be looking forward to purchasing and smoking more of them.

Well, how was that?

Last edited:
That was an informative and interesting review. I would like to know the ring sizes of the Perdomo Belicoso and the Toro...
Both ~ 5.5 x 50???? thereabouts????

you have a good taste and express it well.
Thanks for the review.

Lighting my cigar:
I like to toast the end of the cigar with a torch lighter...char it.
Then I put it to my lips and draw it while torching it. I rotate the cigar as I torch to get an even burn.
You can do this with a soft flame too....

There will be many other ways...but give this a try.
Tom

I think that was a fine, first review.

To light, I use a butane lighter and, holding the flame so it doesn't scorch the wrapper, I "toast" the foot of the cigar while rotating it. When the foot is toasted, I place the cigar in my mouth and finish lighting.

I've found a lot of maduro cigars have wrappers that have a hard time "keeping up" with the rest of the cigar. I simply touch up the wrapper with a torch. I can pretty much tell on my maduros when they start to tunnel. The flavor goes off. A quick touch up of the wrapper and the taste comes back.

Welcome to Club Stogie.

WyoBob

I have had quite a few of these as well. I enjoy both the natural and the maduro but I like the maduro better and just had one yesterday. Good review

Wow, better response than I thought I would get. Thanks for the tips on lighting I will definetly try them out, I use matches so the soft flame thing will work for me.

Thanks for the good response gentlemen!

++Cigar.com says that the Belicoso RG is 5.7x 54 and the Toro is 6x 50++

Last edited:
Great review. The Lot 23 is one of my very favorite smokes. The belicoso natural and the robusto and toro maduro are the best of the bunch IMO.

Thanks for the review. I had seen the perdomo lot 23 mentioned often on here but had never tried one. So when the wife and I went to Indianapolis this past weekend I took the opportunity to grab one at a local shop. I enjoyed it very much. Reminded me of a Padron 2000 maduro.

I just toasted a Toro.. 6x 50 measured. Maduro. I had the P Champaigne and didnt like it, but this has started off very nice.

Smoked a Lot 23 Natural Churchill tonight.

Although I prefer maduros and fuller flavored cigars this was a beauty for certain. Really enjoyed it. As creamy and smooth as can be, right down to the nub.

Looking forward to sampling one of their maduros for sure.

I've had a maduro sitting in my humi for a while and finally got around to smoking it yesterday. I had smoked a natural and was totally unimpressed, which surprised me because so many people seem to like them. So I was a little skeptical of this one before lighting it.

The maduro was a totally different animal. I enjoyed it very much. A nice balance of sweetness, nuttiness, and spice. I see why so many people enjoy this one.

I have had one of each (natural and maduro). I thought the natural was pretty good but not outstanding. The maduro I found very strong (almost too strong) and I like strong cigars. I am waiting on some more naturals from the devil so I can further evaluate.

Back