Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro Toro

Ratters

Lowland Gorilla
Cigar: Perdomo Lot 23 maduro
Vitola: Toro 6x50
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Maduro
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua

Setting: 2:35 pm. Sun room, about 65 degrees out and breezy. Having an IBC rootbeer.

Pre-light: Wrapper is sort of a medium brown with medium sized veins. The leaf is pretty thick and the wrap is obvious. It has a nice large rounded cap making it easy to snip the top off with the Palio. The cigar has a pronounced hay smell to it. Pre-light draw was perfect.

IMG_0055-1.jpg

First third: Cigar lit up easily and evenly after a bit of toasting. Flavors were somewhat grassy and woody with a strong tobacco flavor. Didn't pick up any spice or pepper. Creates a good amount of thick smoke. Aftertaste is light but pleasant. Burn throughout the first third is nigh on perfect. Ash is light gray and holding on firm with no flaking.

IMG_0057.jpg

Second third: Burn started to get a bit wavy, but corrected itself pretty quickly. Grassy flavor went away and now just kind of woody and leathery. Still producing lots of good smoke. Ash seems to be getting less firm as I dropped ash on myself twice with less than an inch going.

IMG_0058.jpg

Final third: Still producing lots of smoke. Body is on the fuller side of medium now. A tad bit of spice is kicking in as I get near the nub. Flavor is getting really nice and much more enjoyable now that it's about to end. Ash is really flaky.

Final thoughts: It was a pretty good smoke, but still tastes a bit fresh with a tad bit of harshness at the end. The construction on these is just about perfect, minus the rough looking wrapper. Never needed a relight or any touching up and the draw was perfect all the way through. I still have about ten of these left and I'm going to let them sit a couple months before trying another one. Don't know if I'll buy anymore unless I can get them really cheap. Just too many cigars in the same price range I like a bit better.

Liked it: yes
Buy again: Probably not, unless there's a good joecigar or cbid deal.
Recommend: Sure

Thanks for an excellent review Ratters. I've had both the Belicoso and the Robusto, and tend to lean a bit more towards the Robusto regarding its flavor profile. Nice morning smoke and one to keep working into your rotation...:tu

Great review!!! Great Pictures (you might want to hide the screwdriver you use on the cigars)!!! J/K:r

Thanks Steve!!!

I had a Lot 23 but I'm not sure if it was Maduro. It was tasty!!!

I got distracted by 65 degrees and sun room. Yeah, the screwdriver, that's crazy!! You're supposed to smoke those with a torque wrench man!! Nice review and pics and I'm jealous of the weather. :tu

Great review!!! Great Pictures (you might want to hide the screwdriver you use on the cigars)!!! J/K:r

Thanks Steve!!!

I had a Lot 23 but I'm not sure if it was Maduro. It was tasty!!!

If it's the one I gave you it's the maduro. Their maduro isn't very dark, sort of a milk chocolate color.

That's not my herfin screwdriver, btw. :chk

Another great review and pic's. :tu I didnt find much to like in this smoke. I had both a nat and a maduro a few months ago and found them very pedestrian. Not a smoke I will revisit for quite some time. Like most of Perdomo's blends, they just dont have enough kick to them to be a part of my regular rotation.:2

Another great review and pic's. :tu I didnt find much to like in this smoke. I had both a nat and a maduro a few months ago and found them very pedestrian. Not a smoke I will revisit for quite some time. Like most of Perdomo's blends, they just dont have enough kick to them to be a part of my regular rotation.:2

I don't think a Mule has enough kick for Bob!!!:r
166,1110710495,1.jpg

Have not had the Toro, but I believe the Robusto's (both Nat and Maddy) are the best out there for the buck!

Great review with snazzy pics to boot. :tu

The story behind the smoke is great, the lot 23 thing and all that so I was thinking it was going to be something special. Looks like the marketing dept strikes again. Like others have said, not that much going on. Just kinda 'meh.' I wouldn't even pull the trigger on 'em if they were 1/2 off.
Not that I don't like Perdomo's, just not the Lot 23.

Back