Perdomo Reserve Cameroon - Series P

Syekick

Chairy Hestbeater
5 1/2 x 55 Perfecto - Cameroon - Silver Label

I've been enjoying the Perdomo Cabinet Series La Tradition Reserve - Cameroon, Maduro, and Champagne cigars for the past few months but have not taken the time to write a review.

So, I will review the Cameroon I just finished. I found this one to be like its peers. A smooth wrapper that feels lovely to the lips. While I've liked the taste of all off the series, the exact flavor or scent that I am detecting is just beyond my poorly adapted palette to determine. My best guess is leather with a slight amount of spice. So since I'm not sure I'll just go with the simpler, "I liked it" statement. The draw is easy and a generous amount of smoke results with minimal effort. This one went to the nub in about an hour and 15 minutes. This remains on my "buy more" list. I've found the Perdomo Mega Sampler CI/CBid to be a good value to supply these plus nice lesser quality cigars of the Perdomo stable.

Here's hoping that you enjoy everything you smoke.

Nice review; I'm sure we could get a healthy thread going of what the best of the Perdomos are. I'm with you... The cameroon seems particularly special. My two favorite shapes are the diadema (V) and the belicoso (X). Have you tried either size?

I bought a sampler of Reserve robusto's from Famous. My favorites were the Cammies and the Sungrown. If you haven't try the sungrown do so, a great spicy cigar.

I couldn't pin down flavors on the Cammie either, just liked it.

Funny you should mention it. I pulled out a Perdomo Reserve Cabinet Series Cameroon Robusto (5 x 54) to smoke for lunch today, thinking I hadn't enjoyed one for several months. Almost forgotten how GOOD these really are. Perhaps my favorite of all the Perdomos, & I like a lot of Perdomos! I took some notes while savoring it, so here we go:

Lunchtime smoke, outside in 90 degrees with no food or drink to accompany it. Nice brown wrapper, no blemishes or soft spots.
It starts off as sweet pepper & spicy, like a little brother of Camacho. The draw is OK, not too loose or tight.

An inch in, the spice lessens, taken over by coffee with a nutty sweetness, and a creamy butterscotch. The burn is fairly even. I could swear I taste citrus-like cherry for a moment or two.

About 2 inches in, it picks up a slight woodiness, like freshly-cut oak. The spice is still there, but in the background. Creamy nutty coffee & light sweetness in the foreground.

The sweetness then subsides a bit, leaving a combination I can best describe as coffee & allspice. Sweet, spicy & woody. Almost like a Hemmingway Short Story, but a touch sweeter.

At the last third, I get some problems. The wrapper unravels some & I need to fix an uneven burn on one side. Less sweet & more nicotine growl at this point, but I continue smoking. There's little change in it until I put it down with about an inch left. Total time 1 hour & 10 minutes.

The wrapper & burn issues were new to me, as I don't recall any of the previous ones doing this. And I attribute the sharpness at the end to my too-frequent puffing, which I tend to do when I'm getting closer to the end of lunchtime. I'd recommend this cigar to anyone who enjoys a medium body smoke with lots of flavor. As I said, this could be my favorite of all the Perdomos, as it provides the most interesting combination.

It's been a while since I've tried a Sungrown; 5 Torps are in transit as of today.... Review to come...

I bought a sampler of Reserve robusto's from Famous. My favorites were the Cammies and the Sungrown. If you haven't try the sungrown do so, a great spicy cigar.

I couldn't pin down flavors on the Cammie either, just liked it.

Back