Perdomo2 (squared) Ecuacion maduro

physiognomy

From a land down under...
Size: 4 3/4 x 50 (box pressed, possibly bigger rg than 50?)
Shape: Robusto
Wrapper: Nicaragua - dark maduro
Filler: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua
MSRP: $6.49 - never seen them for sale locally.
(lifted/adapted from top25cigar.com)

I recieved this cigar (one of 10!) in the Newbie PIF from The Pict (Thanks again!) & decided to light it up today instead of another 5 Vegas 'A' (those sticks are addictive!). This is a new brand for me & I look forward to trying the others Chip sent...

It was a nice looking cigar with a very dark wrapper & felt evenly firm (with some give, but no soft spots). For such a small stick it also had a good bit of weight to it - kind of like the Brazilia Gol, but not quite so pronounced. Moistening the cap before cutting I noticed a rich tobacco flavour without any bitterness. After lighting it had a nice easy draw, put out a large amount of smoke with the first few puffs, & had a nice earthy chocolate/tobacco flavour. I guess it doesn't really matter how much smoke you get from a cigar as long as the flavour is there, but I definitely liked the plumes of smoke this cigar put out. After an inch or so the flavours intensified & I noticed wood & a slight creamy smoothness...

My experience with this cigar changed quite a bit around 1/2 way as it became bitter to my taste with the 'wood' flavour dominating. I tried purging, & this brought back some of the smoother flavours, but it didn't last long before I put it down. I'm going to give this cigar another try before writing it off, but it wasn't one of the better maduros that I've smoked lately. I won't give this cigar a rating out of 10 from this first experience, but the first half definitely showed promise.

Back