Perfecto

catfishm2

Sneaky Bombin Bastage
In the last couple of weeks I've gotten on this perfecto kick. I've only tried the AF Hemingways. Seems like I don't hear alot about this shape. Does anyone else smoke these and if so do you have any recommendations? I would really like to find some that are full bodied with a maduro wrapper. Thanks for your help.

Looking for perfecto with full-body and maduro wrapper. I would recommend some of the following:

Onyx Reserve No.2 Belicosos
Trilogy Exotic Maduro Torpedo (not quite full-body, but tasty)
Avo Maduro Belicoso

I think those are some good ones to try out. Let me know what ya think.

Grinch OUT!!!

One of the first cigars I used to smoke way back in the day was the Philly Perfecto. :r I'm almost embarrased to say it. Its on a par with White Owl. Isn't it a real eye opener the first time you have a good hand-rolled cigar after having cheap machine made ones?

All DOM Partagas Serie "S" are perfecto shape. I'm not a maduro fan so I don't know if they come in maduro. It the shape that's different but the blend is the same as the regular partagas.

Cartierusm said:
All DOM Partagas Serie "S" are perfecto shape. I'm not a maduro fan so I don't know if they come in maduro. It the shape that's different but the blend is the same as the regular partagas.

Forgot about that line. Good call. I think you're right in that I don't think i've ever seen them in maduro.

Grinch OUT!!!

I love perfectos and 3 gauge figurados!! I keep a text file of them as I have run many searches for them. Here is what I have soo far:

Carlos Torano Signature Perfecto
Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Perfecto
La Perla Habana Maduro
La Aurora Preferido (esp Sungrown Maduro)
Ashton VSG Enchantment
Arturo Fuente Hemmingway
La Flor Dominicana El Jocko No. 1
Olvia Grand Maduro Perfecto
Flor de Oliva Grand Cameroon Perfecto
Genuine Pre-Embargo Counterfeit Cubans 1958 Gourmet Figurado
Montecruz Negra Cubana Wild Thing
Punch Champion
Punch Gran Cru Punchito
Carlos III Cubanito
Onyx Reserve Torbusto
Aristoff Perfecto, Perfecto Minor, Perfecto Extra
Partagas Serie S Esplendido
CAO Odyssey
Cuba Aliados Diadema
Te Amo Anniversario Perfecto
La Flor Del Caney Bouquet
Zino Platinum Scepter Chubby or Bullet
Avo Domaine #20 or #50
Camacho Corojo 07/05
Camacho Corojo 11/18
Camacho Liberty Series
Diamond Crown Figurado #6
Gurkha Master's Select Perfecto (#1, #2, #3)
Gurkha Legend Aniversario
Gurkha Centurian Double-X
Cusano Xclusivo Preferido Grande
Cusano Xclusivo Diadamis
Fonseca Don Anteros (think only Davidoff shops carry these)
Muniemaker Perfecto 100
Topper Old Fashioned (Extra Oscuro)

-Matt-

Wow txmatt, that's some list. Thanks for posting that. Looks like I have alot of good sticks to chose from. I look forward to trying as many as possible. Thanks again to everyone for your help.

I knew there were a few I hadn't added to the list that I discovered this week. I haven't tried these cigars yet but will have my launderer contact Uncle Mikey here soon to get some singles of these to me:

Nicaraguan Selection Sun Grown Maduro Double Perfecto
Honduran Selection Blend 1945 Duck
Honduran Selection Blend 1945 Duckling

another Torano:
Toraño Nicaraguan Selection Perfecto

-Matt-

Matt is a mad man! That's quite the list. I'll second the Gurkha Legend Anniversario...it's quite a smoke. I know you said the Hemingway line but if you have not had the Work of Art maduro, and you can find one, grab it.

You might want to add:

CAO Napoleons
Don Tomas Cameroon Collection
Perdomo Reserve

txmatt outdid himself, as usual. :)

Hat listed a great one there missing from my list: Perdomo Reserve. I haven't heard about or seen the CAO Napoleans before, can you provide more information KansasHat?

In the Perdomo Reserve line the F, D, P, and V all are Perfecto or 3 guage Figurados. Pic below:

perdomoreserve5.jpg

-Matt-

Well, they weren't listed at CAO International, but it was a short perfecto, box pressed, 4 3/4x52 (is listed in the database as 4 3/4x46) & is only offered in the maduro that I can find anymore.
CI has them listed with the maduro with an eta of 7-10 days, which means nothing.
I could have sworn that a year or two ago, you could buy them in the Cameroon & the Extreme lines. I may have to look back in a catatlog & see what I can find.

Found em! Catalog #5 2002 from JR. Pages 12-13. There is a picture of a CAO Cammie Napoleon. The size is listed as 4 3/4x56.

I would stay away from the Napoleans.. I had a box and all of them were plugged.. CAO is aware of the problem and quit making them quite a while ago..

Added another to my list today while browsing the MATASA site.

Vegas de Fonseca Vegas #10

More to come! :w

-Matt-

aahagel said:
I would stay away from the Napoleans.. I had a box and all of them were plugged.. CAO is aware of the problem and quit making them quite a while ago..

That was my experience also... tried a few a couple of years ago... they were what a creative cigar salesman would call a FIRM draw... :r

Nasty little buggers....

I think that I finally just gave the rest of them away to unsuspecting coworkers... they don't know anything about cigars anyway... except that they were FREE!!! :w

Back