Photos in threads

D. Generate

El Dudarino
This is just a bitch so just give it the attention that warrants. I mainly just read the habanos lounge and reviews and lately there seem to be a lot more pictures.

I'm not against pictures, per se, and sometimes they have their place. But, Jiminy Christmas, do we need all these photos of different angles of the ash? And if that's your sort of thing and you like that, please at least resize the pictures so they're not Ansel Adams landscape size.

Maybe I'm just grumpy this morning.

This is just a bitch so just give it the attention that warrants. I mainly just read the habanos lounge and reviews and lately there seem to be a lot more pictures.

I'm not against pictures, per se, and sometimes they have their place. But, Jiminy Christmas, do we need all these photos of different angles of the ash? And if that's your sort of thing and you like that, please at least resize the pictures so they're not Ansel Adams landscape size.

Maybe I'm just grumpy this morning.

:r I agree about that, no need to post a big pic of every inch smoked. unless that isn't what you mean

I have no idea what you're talking about!!! :ss

DSCN0862.jpg

DSCN0872.jpg

DSCN0873.jpg

DSCN0874.jpg

"It's gonna be alright...."
"Don't worry, be happy now..."
"Come together, right now..."
"All we need is love..."

Seriously though, I don't so much mind the pics as long as they are helping to illustrate what's being talked about. But with anything, too much of anything can mess up a good thing.

There's a happy medium somewhere. If no pics are posted then people are crying for them, if there is too many than people complain. I'd say just leave it up to the posters style of posting.

My only gripe is when people don't resize them, or string them continually to the left. I should only have to scroll down, not down and left.

I don't know how to post pics in a thread other than as a thumbnail

I find that using a photo hosting site, such as Photobucket (that's what I use) makes things very easy. I know with Photobucket, and likely other sites of this sort, you can edit, enhance, crop, resize, and then easily post your pic in the thread (they provide you the code to do this). All you have to do is copy the code and paste it in the thread, and presto, you've just posted a pic.

Alright, Alright.... Im the one who posts the huge photos.
Sorry but I enjoy seeing a big picture... I like it when others post big photos so I can see the actual construction of the cigar and the wrapper quality too.
I will start to resize them from here on out.
Drink some coffee grumpy! :hc

www.imagecave.com is also another good site for pic hosting. For each pic I think there are about 4 different copy/paste code options. You link the pic, thumbnail, etc.

To add to this gripe session.

I can't stand when multiple people quote the post and include all the pics in their quote. Just had to add my :2

Newbie here, so my input does not mean much, but I kind of like the pic's with the reviews, especialy the CC reviews, as there are sticks that I have never seen......

I can't stand when multiple people quote the post and include all the pics in their quote. Just had to add my

That one I agree.....

Well one things for sure, it's not Dball he doesn't post pics! :ss

My vote, not that I get one. Is A couple of pics are fine and when your quote don't include the pics again.

All the best,
Al

Pictures are good. Unless you're on dial-up.

Or you live in the arctic!!

I have sent a few PMs about this one and I figure this is a good place to talk about it. I don't use photobucket or anything like that I have space on the web and use it. I am sure there are many members here that use their own space... BUT have no idea how to resize.

Use THIS it is called PhotoResize, it is 100% free they work on donations. I have 100% NOTHING to do with them. I needed a batch photo re-sizer for school, something that was bullet/idiot proof and found this! I have not looked back yet! This is just drag and drop!!

For those of you that don't like to read I will mention the one thing you need to know about it:

1. "The size of output pictures is controlled by the name of the application. To generate 600 pixels images, simply rename the application to PhotoResize600.exe" so you just change the numbers in the filename and the program will resize your image to that size

There are other little tweaks that you can do... RTFM to figure them out. I just wanted to share this little app with you guys/girls as it makes my life soooo easy!

To be honest I don't associate any names with the photos, I really don't remember or care. I know different strokes and all. I'm not trying to single anybody out, and I do like some pictures. I just hate gigantic photos.

That and I like to bitch.

If there is an image format Infranview can't handle, I prolly don't need to use it. It's pretty all inclusive. It will do screen shots, flip, rotate, change colors, etc.

i tried to upload a HUGE image to this thread but all the photo hosting sites were scaling it down :r

Back