Poker night

Bigga Petey

Lowland Gorilla
Neighbor hosted a little card party last night. Friendly, sociable game. A few other friends and neighbors partaking.

In any event, I am th only one who smokes, anything. They have a nice house, neither him nor his wife smoke. I figure it's going to be a bit of a challenge to play cards all night, sip some whiskey, and NOT burn a stick. Almost un-natural.

So, about an hour into the game, my neighbor, and the host, says we need some more atmosphere. Some smoke in the air. The scent of a good stogie, as it were. He asks me if I carried any cigars with me. Well shh-yeah. I always pack a three finger leather case.

"Would I mind smoking one?" he asks. I tell him I would be more than willing to oblige, but he needs to check with his better half first. He dutifully beckons his wife to the poker table and puts forward his request. I insist that I just might make it through the evening wihout a smoke, and that the request was not initiated by myself.

Amamzingly, she relents. I am given permission to stoke up a cigar. It's cigarette smoke that she finds offensive.

So, at the behest of my hosts, I procure a Punch RS12 from my jacket pocket, clip, and light. My Irish Red Breast suddenly tastes better (it is St. Patty's Day eve after all), and I don't mind losing a hand or two.

It was a great evening. :ss

havana_lover~ I carried a nice bottle of Pinot Grigio to their house. I can't ever show up on somebodies doorstep without some kind of libation for the hosts. :D

tjwheels~ My late wife never minded me smoking in the house. The only cigar I was ever run out with was a Partagas Black Label.

Mr. Lebowski~ Jenn Air, huh? I suppose he could hang it over the poker table. :cb

Frank~ I wasn't holding anything of note. Except for one hand that redeemed me at the end of the eveing. My five clubs took the pot away from a vigorously wagered full boat. Played for over five hours.
Net gain, $1. No kidding. :mn

kanashat~ Probably. :hn

Frank~ I wasn't holding anything of note. Except for one hand that redeemed me at the end of the eveing. My five clubs took the pot away from a vigorously wagered full boat. Played for over five hours.
Net gain, $1. No kidding. :mn

Pete, at the very least you know you have a place to play cards and smoke a cigar, close by.. For me it's a hour drive..
You have a small piece of heaven over there my friend, stay on her good side :D

Frank

That's why I play poker in the garage during the summer months...open it up and let the warm air come on in...heaven.

Good story

All of the game I play in have banned smoking.

One game even got the boot because of smoking. The other tenants complained about the smell.

Very cool story! I played my usual Saturday night poker game here as well....cigars were present! :D

Back