Positive Cigar ID Contest

jesto68

I am McLovin
I just got a fabulous deal on some very good smokes, and I wanted to share the wealth. Instead of slowly burning through this stash, or by occasionally passing one on to a friend, I thought it may be good to use these sticks as contest prizes - to get to know some other BOTL’s

To achieve this, I am sponsoring a contest. The first 3 people to PM me with their name and address will receive an entry.

Each contestant will receive a “Care Package” from yours truly. The package will consist of a small assortment of un-banded smokes. The first person that identifies the smokes correctly will receive a special mystery cigar package.

The rules are:

1. The contest is open to any member with at least 30 days under their belt and 1 completed trade. (with someone other than with me)

2. Each contestant will have 14 days to try the cigars, and to post a review. While I hope you like each cigar, a positive review is not needed – just a positive identification. You don’t need to smoke the cigars if you think you know what they are from sight and smell – Just post a review with your guess. Honest opinions count!

3. After the reviews are posted, each contestant will get 3 guesses. The person who first identifies the sticks correctly wins.

4. I do not need or require anything in return – I just want to meet new people and expand my love of the leaf.

5. If no one guesses the correct cigars – the player with the closest guesses wins.

6. Special Thread Viewer Prize - Some time after the three contestants receive their sticks, I’ll post pictures of the items I sent. Any site member can submit 2 guesses per day as to what sticks I sent out. The first non-contestant to guess all three will receive a special prize stick.

Game On!

I have been getting a lot of love around here lately, so I will let some other people hop on this one, Hopefully some relatively newbies will get in. Nice display of generosity going on in this thread. Nice work. But you bet your bottom dollar I will be all over the thread viewer.

Jesto68,
Great contribution you're making, my friend! :cb I don't qualify for the contest as I have not yet been here 30 days, but look forward to reading (and hopefully contributing) to the ensuing posts. :D

Thanks again,
Kevin

Jesto68,
Great contribution you're making, my friend! :cb I don't qualify for the contest as I have not yet been here 30 days, but look forward to reading (and hopefully contributing) to the ensuing posts. :D

Thanks again,
Kevin

Welcome to the Jungle!

Even though you are missing out on the main contest - check back when I post the pics - you have a chance to win some cigar love there!

Nice contest, thanks for putting it together.
It should prove enjoyable to the participants and entertaining for the rest of us.

I got my first 3 victims lined up:

Siamang
Robb01
4WheelVFR

I'll get your packages in the mail tomorrow.

Anyone that missed out, don't worry. Watch the thread for pictures and a second chance later.

If all goes well, I might even run a 2nd contest.

-Steve

Looks like a great contest, and a great show of Gorilla generosity! Good luck to the contestants!! It's a win-win situation.

Gentelmen,

Your packages are on the way.

4WheelVFR - 0703 8555 7491 4997 8001

Robb01 - 0703 8555 7491 3949 2241

Siamang - 0703 8555 7491 6046 3760

When you get them - let me know. Don't worry about posting pics right now - I'll do that in a few weeks when we let everyone else guess.

In the meantime, enjoy the smokes and tell me what you think of them.

-Steve

Heres what we know, I did this little research and hope its helpful-
1- 6 3/8" x 47/48, Grand Corona, Natural Wrapper?
2- 5 7/8" x 50, Toro, Maduro
3- 4 3/8" x 48, Robusto, Maduro
4- 4 1/2" x 36, Petit Corona

Came home from work to find the box waiting for me. I got 4 as well, and will get some macro shots up hopefully tonight. Thanks again, jesto!

P.S. Looks like I got the same 4 cigars. I'd say #2 is a little fatter than a 50 ring gauge, though. Looks more like 56ish. And the #4, the PC, smells amazingly good.

Came home from work to find the box waiting for me. I got 4 as well, and will get some macro shots up hopefully tonight. Thanks again, jesto!

P.S. Looks like I got the same 4 cigars. I'd say #2 is a little fatter than a 50 ring gauge, though. Looks more like 56ish. And the #4, the PC, smells amazingly good.

hmm, you may be right, i printed off a chart, it may not have been to scale

Back