Possible chemical taste

Has anyone ever gotten a bitter chemical taste from any of the Famous 3000's? I smoked one today and got it. It started before I lighted it and went thru most of the cigar. After 4 hours I still have it in my mouth. I smoked it after I showered and rinsed my mouth out with that crest nightime moutwash so I'm pretty sure it wasent anything on my hands but mabe the mouthwash? I have smoked about 20 of the 3000's and have never had it happen. If anyone one knows the interview with Padron where he talks about the fertlizer that was on some tabacco that he smoked that burnt his mouth it reminds me of that. Any help?

I've not had a Famous 3K, but I get a "polyurethane" taste, quite frequently lately. I've kinda attributed it to the Ronson lighter fluid, but I can't be sure on that. All I know, a lot of cigars have been ruined for me by this taste coming through, including some very high end stogies.

The only "chemical taste" I ever had was from the PG solution I used to humidify my cigars. Have they ever come into contact with this? The taste cleared up after 6 months of storage with Boveda packs. My:2

How new was the cigar? Perhaps the tobacco was rolled before it was "ripe". Was it a sort of ammonia taste? I notice that on quite a few full flavored cigars that are "too fresh". I try to let my Nic 3000s sit for at least 6 months before I start smoking them.

make sure theres no tar on the head of the cigar. sometimes that causes a nasty taste. also, could be ammonia build-up or something

How new was the cigar? Perhaps the tobacco was rolled before it was "ripe". Was it a sort of ammonia taste? I notice that on quite a few full flavored cigars that are "too fresh". I try to let my Nic 3000s sit for at least 6 months before I start smoking them.

x2, sounds like ammonia, if the tobacco was not aged long enough to get all the ammonia out before the cigars were rolled that can happen. Let them sit in your humi for a while to age a little and get the ammonia out.

Dave

They were about 1 year old. Looks like I might need to stop using a bic and find one of my many missing torch lighters:tu

Yep, that's the problem--regular lighter fluid can impart a nasty taste to the cigar. And in my case, so can bad butane (Ronson). Pick up a Ronson Jetlite at walmart, and refuel it with some other butane and you'll be good to go!

Back