Problem with Humidors...

AdamC

Young Ape
The only problem I have with my Humidor...its a 150 count with glass top.
Cigars come in all different sizes....I am a really neat person. So i like everything in order But you have 2 kinds the same length and size, and a few more of diff sizes. I just sucks trying to organize and fit them to the full potential.
maybe its just my OCD kicking in :(

The only problem I have with my Humidor...its a 150 count with glass top.
Cigars come in all different sizes....I am a really neat person. So i like everything in order But you have 2 kinds the same length and size, and a few more of diff sizes. I just sucks trying to organize and fit them to the full potential.
maybe its just my OCD kicking in :(

Cigar tetris my friend.
This will be a problem you will find in all types of humidors more or less. Just got to deal with it, make it look as neat as possible if that is your thing

In my glass-top I will usually put my longer cigars on the bottom layer and then go shorter each subsequent layer. That way I can see what is on or near the bottom. :tu

In my glass-top I will usually put my longer cigars on the bottom layer and then go shorter each subsequent layer. That way I can see what is on or near the bottom. :tu

I do the same.

Although I tend to keep like marcas with each other. It just makes the tetris more challenging.

Yeah I have always hated that. I have been restocking recently and it kills me to know that there are cigars hidden at the bottom that I may eventually forget that I have. It seems like most are designed for you to have a couple of boxes of things at the bottom and a small selection of 5ers at the top. If all the 5ers don't fit they have to go below and that is when it goes to the crapper. I have 2 and one stays a little better organized and the other gets everything that didn't fit.

I used to arrange my humidors so I could see as many bands as possible, so I would know what I had. Now I put the longer sticks on one side, the shorter sticks on the other side and usually forget whats there.

yeah i do that also...I don't think any boxes will fit in my humidor. I got a box of cuban RyJ cedros de lux .3 I got them fitting pefectly I have them serperated from all the others. But I really don't have a lot and i like to be able to see what i got. Maybe once I get more cigars in there it will start coming together . I might have about 50 in there right now. I think I need another humidor or a bigger one. Exspensive habbit.

yeah i do that also...I don't think any boxes will fit in my humidor. I got a box of cuban RyJ cedros de lux .3 I got them fitting pefectly I have them serperated from all the others. But I really don't have a lot and i like to be able to see what i got. Maybe once I get more cigars in there it will start coming together . I might have about 50 in there right now. I think I need another humidor or a bigger one. Exspensive habbit.

One word. COOLER That is where I store boxes and all overflow. Besides, playing box tetris is much more fun in a cooler because there are so many more possibilities. :D

only other option than neat stacking like madurolover mentioned is to buy or build a 1-stick high humidor that covers the floor of your den and walk softly! :ss

One word. COOLER That is where I store boxes and all overflow. Besides, playing box tetris is much more fun in a cooler because there are so many more possibilities. :D

I don't see how the whole cooler thing works...How do you prep a cooler for 70% humidity keep the temp right? You can see how new I am. I still want to do a trade/purchase with someone.

I don't see how the whole cooler thing works...How do you prep a cooler for 70% humidity keep the temp right? You can see how new I am. I still want to do a trade/purchase with someone.

The only prep you need for a cooler is a good seal and some Heartfelt humidity beads. Keep it in a cool spot of your house and you are good to go. :tu

Since I rarely own more than 6 of the same stogie at once, I just stack them vertically in stacks of 3-4 (whatever fits). That way I can see what's what, and pull one quickly and easily.

Minimum open humi time is a good thing.

Back