Prometheus Intruder Torch Lighter

bonggoy

token
Prometheus Intruder Torch Lighter

They were advertised as similar to the Blazer P207cr. I got them from Cigarmony.com as part of their Father's day special promotion.

I had the chance to compare them with a real Blazer P207Cr yesterday during a mini herf.

They indeed LOOK similar compared to the Blazer P207Cr. However, the similarities starts and ends right there.

Whereas the Blazer P207Cr consistently fires up when called upon, the Prometheus version needs some coaxing to get the juice flowing. The Prometheus needs several click before it will fire up. If it decided to fire up.

For 29.99 (MSRP is 39.99), better get the real thing.

I am giving the Prometheus Intruder a 2 out of 5 stars.

I've had gas torch lighters from cheap to expensive, and they all have problems firing up, even with the best available fuel and strict attention to the filling directions. Plus they don't work too well in the cold of a New Hampshire winter. My favorite cheapie is the Nibo I got for $15.00 and the best is the ST Dupont X-tend. Absolute worst is Colibri. Never had one work for more than a month or so.

I almost got one of these lighters before I got my Prince (Blazer) PB-207. I liked the fact that it had the self closing burner cover whereas the Blazer has the cap that must be replaced to protect the burner. I guess I should be happy the I decided against it...
Thanks for the review.

Ronnie,
I am sorry that you aren't pleased with the Prometheus Intruder's performance.

In my experience, a majority of lighter malfunctions can be attributed to the quality of the fuel that is being used.

I suggest completely bleeding the lighter and refilling with a top quality fuel like Vector Quintuplus or Lava.

Hope this helps bro
~Mark Neff
Proprietor
Cigarmony.com
www.Cigarmony.com
Cigarmony@gmail.com

I read several posts by BOTLs here that disparaged Prometheus' owner, and their customer service. I immediately vowed to boycott their products. Now I'm glad.

You know for what some of these lighters cost you would think that they would last for a long time.:dr But that is not the case ,:confused: it does not matter if you pay 30 40 ... 150 dollars, or more.:mad: I got a Prometheus for a b-day 2 or 3 years ago it worked for about 9 weeks and that was it.:sb They just don"t make things like they did back in the 50 60.:u

I never liked prometheus either. never liked the look of any of their gear, and always had some resentment toward them for contributing to sky high prices of the limited fuente stuff.

to bad about the torch though, there is always the Dupont torch lots of people swear by them. theyre all over the place for about 100$

Back